I am new to Forum, and in desperate need of help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amplifying ExCalif's step one above, it would be basic exercise to verify the signals on the module's connections and make sure something "stupid" isn't wrong with external controls and input/output. Not sure if this is the exact schematic but it's representative of what's probably there. I would spend a few minutes with a meter poking around to see if there's anything unusual before swapping out the module. It might be discovered that just the relay controlling the element is whacked, or the ground for the module is corroded causing weirdness. You'd figure it out eventually but only after you bought and installed a module you didn't need.

1695313732722.png

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

At the risk of sounding simple, can you not turn it on 15 minutes before you are ready to take a shower, do your business, and then turn it off? I agree that it should operate properly but maybe this is a short term solution that you could use today.

Do this first; unplug the control board and see if the water heater heats on AC power. Some older units do _not_ use the control board, tstat and eco for AC operation. The AC stuff is contained in a box on the back of the unit.

Back
Top Bottom