I have seen it all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prior member

Sitting here in the sunny Florida Keys, and the biggest 5th wheeler I have ever seen pulled up and stopped in the middle of the road right near us.
A guy got out and went around to the back and lowered  a ramp that took up the whole back.
The first thing to come out was a humongous dog fence/pen.
The next thing was  a Sea Do Jet Ski on a full size trailer. They had a motorized winch to let it down the ramp
The next thing was another trailer with two kayaks
Then came one of those stone fire pits

There might have been more, but I was enjoying my second Margarita and stopped watching.

And I thought we were bad with our two kayaks and one canoe that we carry on the truck roof

Jack L

thats the beauty of a toy hauler its great for hauling toys lol and when its empty you have a bedroom/dining room/ laundry room/ dog room /utility room ....

Attachments

• 424084_5.jpg
    424084_5.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 190
Saw one in Texas a few years back, full up 45 foot Prevost Motorhome, pulling a trailer which held a full size Chevy Blazer, with an 18 foot Bass boat and trailer above on the upper section, which came down when the Chevy was removed, plus a full dress Harley mounted crosswise in the front. Everything appeared to be brand new, and I am sure there were toys I did not see.

I was impressed.

My cousin's kids used to go motor cross racing.  Her 5th wheel carried 4 motorcycles, as well as tires, tools, etc. had drop-down bunks as well as couches.

oldracer and rstra are correct both are typical of toy haulers they are just so versatile

Attachments

• v3305.jpg
    v3305.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 52
Oldracer  I saw exactly what you described at a Flying J off I95 in Brunswick, GA a couple of years ago.  Dropped my mouth open.  Then last September off I81 in Virginia at a campground, we saw a big diesel tractor with a large sleeper cab pulling a huge three axle toy hauler.  Behind the tractor sitting crossways was a little car which matched the bright red color of the tractor.  I have no Idea what was in the toy hauler.

I was in Long Point Park, Melbourne Beach in my little old 28 foot Class C. This 45' Prevost towing a huge trailer custom painted to match the rig beautifully. The trailer had an AC unit and electrical hookups.

He maneuvered it around, parked the trailer, unhitched then parked the motorhome so it was perpendicular to the trailer. This left a nice grassy square for their chairs and rugs to sit outside watching a mammoth TV at night.

Out of the trailer came a big jeep (3 seats) assorted bicycles, kayaks, canoes, a motorcycle a couple of jumbo patio mats and a large assortment of lounge chairs. I could see inside a huge generator and piles of stuff neatly hung up on the walls or containerized on shelves. Everything seemed in great shape, well maintained.

His wife came out of the rig looking like a model off the runway with 2 show dogs that seemed professionally trained. A few kids piled out. They were lovely folks, very friendly, inviting me over. Just so laid back and happy, so clearly they were used to a comfy lifestyle.

They might have been famous and I just didn't recognize them.

The kids were very well behaved. It appeared they ate all their meals out and did a lot of sight seeing. When they left the dogs at home, they were so quiet, if it wasn't for me seeing them in the windows, I wouldn't have known they were there.

In the evening they asked me if  their movie would bother me (watching outside) and invited me over numerous times.

It was gracious living with lots of nifty toys.

1 st time a saw an RV with an outside tv i thought thats dumb stupid waste of money lol my grandkids love it guess i was wrong  :-[

I thought I would share these pictures.  This is not the fanciest or most expensive rig at all, but it does work for me.

I really am not showing off, but this might give someone some ideas.

Usually when I show it to guys at a RV Park, thier wives do not want thier husbands to see it because it gives them ideas.

I like to do projects and take my toys along with me.

Many people would think that this is too much of a hassle and sometimes it almost is.  Like when you are trying to find a long RV site.

I carry two cars, a golf cart, two canopies, a screen room, a workshop and lots of tools and hardware in the Stacker. 

The Mustang fits on the lift, the golf cart is up front in the workshop and the Jeep fits under the lift.

Attachments

• r002 (9).jpg
    r002 (9).jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 97
  • r08.jpg
    r08.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 0r19.jpg
    0r19.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 0r26.jpg
    0r26.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 0r24.jpg
    0r24.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 05r0.jpg
    05r0.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 0r26 (2).jpg
    0r26 (2).jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMGr_0608.jpg
    IMGr_0608.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 74
I think it would look better if painted to match the rig.  ;D

But seriously, I don't think you could fit in most of the far flung parks I go to.  ;)

You should show it off Bill... you've put a lot of work into that rig, and it's a nice setup. For those of you who haven't camped with Bill, you'll have to look hard to find another RVer who's as giving as Bill is with his time, tools and toys. He's always willing help a fellow RVer, whether it's with a simple electrical glitch, or with the virtual machine-shop he's got in his stacker.

Kev

Back
Top Bottom