I just made an offer on...and I am a newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer1959

Hello guys, I am from St-eustache quebec north of montreal HEY ! I am totally new to travel trailer I own a pop up for years but I took the plunge today. I made an offer on a Jayco Jay flight swift 248rbs.

I was going from class C to fivers to TT finnally we have found the floorplan we were looking for. I'll retire in 1 month and 13 days and I am planning to stay warm this winter, so another canadian snowbird in your way.

If any of you know this product I would like to hear from you. I was struggling between the fiberglass siding and aluminum...well I choose the old stuff for various reason that I will keep secret , I dont want to start a war on my first post.

The RV shop suggested the hitch  equalizer E4, what do you think ?
What do you think of Jayco in general ?

Thanks guys and sorry for my Frenchglish ! 

That is a fine trailer and a top notch hitch. You should have many pleasurable miles ahead. Happy camping!

Hi Homer,

Congrats on your retirement. I like aluminum also. I am in the process of rebuilding a TT, the only wood in the whole trailer are cabinet the doors.

Love Tobermory, Georgian Bay and the Bruce Trail only in the summer and Florida in the winter!

Happy Camping, Tom

All i have to find now is a pick up that can do the job, i've started another discussion and wow according to the message read i will need a real tractor to tow this box....

if i understand correctly the numbers supplied by the manufacturer of truck arent right or representative at all, i might have to reconsider this purchase....well i can always rent a condo lol

Hey Bud - here's another part of the deal - I posted on the other topic also.

A - you move at your own pace - your retired - that means that if it takes you 1 day (silly), 2 weeks, or a month to get there, so be it.
B - Your temp house is behind you. It has your bed / bath / kitchen. If on the way to / back from Florida, you decide to stop in the Smokey Mountains, do it.
C - You get back home, do the spring things and Hmmm... Nova Scotia is looking good - hey, the trailer is not unpacked, See ya. And take 3 weeks to get there 'cause you found 3 museums in Rimouski, QE (there are) and decided to check out the places on the way. Opps, it took 5 weeks 'cause Chafeur Bay was on the way and it was pretty neat.

We never really unpack the trailer. We move staples into the house, but clothes, bedding and stuff is out there (backyard). Propane is full, electric is on, batteries are charged. Usually takes 4 hours from get to go.

It sure makes a difference when you don't have the job to drag you back. I keep a lawn service number in the phone in case we get distracted on the way to or from someplace. Phone call  and $40 and the grass is cut. Most bills / banking are on the internet, mail is held on the way out of town.

Well Bill you touched a point, thats how I was looking at it, but hey I have everything on hold now, rethinking the whole project, getting a freightliner to haul my bed and the cost associated to it wasn't in my plan and i have obviuosly underestimate my need.

ill keep reading and ill take MY decision , its like for everything in life, you have to find the happy medium in everything, a sierra with a 4.3 ? Is way to small, a duramax is way too much truck for what i want to do....so the proper set up is there i justneed to find it....maybe i should now look ar Ram or Ford ? And why not a Titan, or a toundra....life is full of choice lol

Thanks for your input Bill its really appreciated

getting a freightliner to haul my bed and the cost associated to it wasn't in my plan...

A Freightliner for a Jayco 248RBS?  The guys in the other thread were merely debating whether you should have a 2500 instead of the 1500 you proposed.

Gary RV Roamer said:
A Freightliner for a Jayco 248RBS?  The guys in the other thread were merely debating whether you should have a 2500 instead of the 1500 you proposed.

Gary that was french humor ! I understand what the guys are saying, i meant by that i have a budget for a new tt and a new truck, thats already a lots of money for me, another 5 to 10 grand well you understand ? I know i exagerate...just a little ;-)

I really appreciate the advice, dont take me wrong !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom