I love it, but it was just too dark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're both fairly tall, and all the dark brown colors just made the space claustrophobic, to me, at least.  Since we're going to be living in our trailer in Hawai'i, we wanted it to be brighter and more welcoming.  So we had it painted, we used Nuvo Coconut Espresso for the upper surfaces and Nuvo Hearthstone for the lower surfaces on the kitchen side.  We left the dark brown under the banquette, but had the cushions reupholstered.  We removed the sofabed (we don't need yet another bed for the two of us), and bought two small recliners to live in its place that we can pull out to watch TV.  We also removed the two large recliners that came with the trailer, and will use that space as our home office.  We also replaced the conventional toilet with a composting toilet because there's no place to dispose of black water on the Island, and put in an extending towel rack.  The next big change is to install a retracting shower door and get rid of the curtain.  We hope all this help ease our transition to trailer living!

Attachments

• Banquette and TV wall reduced.jpg
    Banquette and TV wall reduced.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Bathroom reduced.jpg
    Bathroom reduced.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Kitchen 1 reduced.jpg
    Kitchen 1 reduced.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 229
More photos...

Attachments

• Kitchen 2 reduced.jpg
    Kitchen 2 reduced.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 165
  • Kitchen 3 reduced.jpg
    Kitchen 3 reduced.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Kitchen 4 reduced.jpg
    Kitchen 4 reduced.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 138
Final photos!

Attachments

• New chairs in the office space reduced.jpg
    New chairs in the office space reduced.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Old sofabed space plus new banquette cushions reduced.jpg
    Old sofabed space plus new banquette cushions reduced.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 154
  • TV wall reduced.jpg
    TV wall reduced.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 153
Very nice.  Aloha and welcome to the site.  We don't get to many campers from Hawaii.  You have a nice looking rig there, and certainly brightened it up.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.

Love the upgrades!

Yup. A brighter interior would make the RV cozier which is suitable for long staying. What I did with mine is I first replaced it with wall paper just to see what color would match inside.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinapple
Back
Top Bottom