I made my neighbors mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The problem is that in the words of one person who turned out to be right 48% of America is intellectually bankrupt.

That is to say they are IGNORANT. Now ignorance breads fear and fear leads to  HATE and well... You found some of them.

Thankfully they are still a minority.

This virus has a lot of folks scared...  Fecal-less.  And as a result they HATE.
Me... Well I do a lot of research on things and I know some numbers that I won't bore you with that suggest my odds of catching it are fairly low. I wear my mask, I don't go out less I have to. but still Low is not "Impossible"

And sometimes I see folks who are part of "I ain't wearing no steenkeng mask" group (may they congreate in Jail)

But yes. I'm worried.. Worried is not nearly "FEAR!" that your neighbors seem to have but it is still Worried.

I'm more worried about other things.. But hopefully the good Doctor Krishen the Electrician fixed my cardiac short circuits.... again.

As you surely know, reacting to another person's fears with hate or an angry response seldom achieves a peaceful end.

Bring her a few face masks or the most recent pamphlet for the hospital that has a positive message.

Continue your life as you have, remain courteous and keep your head high. If you've been vaccinated and have not had any reaction let people know so that their fears can fade.

Thank you for working so hard and long for all of us.

Glad you were able to get the vaccine.  The problem with your ignorant neighbor is that if she gets the virus, she will blame you, even if you test negative and even if you take all the precautions in the world.  And if she shows up in the hospital, she will insist that you treat her like the most important person in the world. 

If this bullying happens again, you should notify the office and tell them that it is illegal for a resident to threaten you.  If they cannot stop it, they should refund your money so you can go elsewhere, although I know it might be difficult in winter. 

Hopefully, you will feel better after a few days of rest and sleep. 

I had a positive experience last May in Ohio when all state parks and most commercial campground were closed and I was trying to get to my son's house.  I found a campground that was accepting only workers like yourself and full-time RVers like me who needed a place to stay.  They were not allowing recreational campers or children or anyone whose camping unit was not self-contained. 

We have a mandate to wear masks when in public in our state as many now do. Businesses face a stiff fine for not enforcing and folks who do not comply can be reported to the police for removal from the property.    As I was entering a local "box store" grocery store a couple of weeks ago, I walked past 4-5 unmasked adult individuals who were loitering in the entrance/cart area. As I passed between them along with other masked patrons entering/exiting the store, they were mimicking the bleating sounds of sheep. I stopped and turned around and said, "I get what you are doing; I choose to be safe." As I pointed to my mask.

I contemplated going to the store management to report them. I also though about exiting in another direction. Instead I chose to confront my own discomfort/fear of a possible confrontation if they were still present by exiting the same exit/entrance area while mustering up all the inner poise, calm and confidence I could (this is where a mask has a secondary benefit of hiding most facial expressions). 

They were still there - all of them with their masks on! One of them initiated a dialogue that remained respectful.  They had had time to make up their story that they were teasing one of their own who had a goatee but I am confident we all knew otherwise what was really going on.

Thumped-I wish you a speedy recovery. Remain strong and confident. I wish I was close enough to offer help.

We also have a state wide mask mandate.  About 1/4 of the people do not wear a mask at all and about 1/3 will touch there face ever 2 minutes or think they need to move there mask to talk.

All a business can do is ask people to put on a mask and there is nothing cops will do.  It's to the point that most business will not do anything.

I do think it's just strep as the antibiotics have helped a lot and I have not been on them for 24 hours yet.

The quote of the day on the board on my unit has been "You can not fix stupid" for the last 3 weeks.

Thank you for working the front line and taking the high road with this neighbor.

Just remember:
"Never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

Thumped, here's hoping you test negative and will be on the mend soon. My wife Kim is a nursing instructor and in mid-December she was picking up some extra shifts in the hospital to help her overworked coworkers. After a few shifts she had an exposure and tested positive a week later. Sure enough, I got it, too. We're ok now. Every cloud has a silver lining as they say - the other day I was at a meeting at our church and one of my fellow parishioners is apparently a denier. A general conversation about the virus came up and he called it "Faux-vid". He then said "I don't even know anyone that's had it" (not unusual since we live in a small town). I turned to look at him and just slowly raised my hand. His face turned white and then all of a sudden he was concerned and asked how I was doing. Inside I was LMAO!

viceprice said:
We have a mandate to wear masks when in public in our state as many now do. Businesses face a stiff fine for not enforcing and folks who do not comply can be reported to the police for removal from the property.    As I was entering a local "box store" grocery store a couple of weeks ago, I walked past 4-5 unmasked adult individuals who were loitering in the entrance/cart area. As I passed between them along with other masked patrons entering/exiting the store, they were mimicking the bleating sounds of sheep. I stopped and turned around and said, "I get what you are doing; I choose to be safe." As I pointed to my mask.

Thumped-I wish you a speedy recovery. Remain strong and confident. I wish I was close enough to offer help.

Well you have more restraint than me. I would have probably dropped my mask and  bray like a jackass to them.

Correction, you didn't "make your neighbors mad" - they chose to approach you in the rude and uniformed way that they did.

Thank you for your tireless efforts to take care of your fellow humans, dumb and not so dumb alike

The other day I stopped into a little Mexican restaurant next to a Plaid Pantry. As I was approaching the sidewalk there was a car with sticker that said something along the lines "Don't hit me I'm a Nurse."

About that time a woman in scrubs came out and was heading for the car. I don't recall what I said but we had a 30 second conversation and she works at a local hospital. I said "Thank you, my 15 year grandson was just released the day before. (He had been in for 14 days, ICU.) She said "Is is name ___?" I about fell over. She went on to say how how much she like him and our daughter.

She said they knew he was going to make it as a few days before release while doing laps in the hall she caught him riding the IV pole like a skateboard.

Thanks for all you do!

My COVID test came back negative.

This morning I noticed 3 RV's that were near me are gone.  I'm not sure if they left or moved to a different part of the park.

I got everything packed up to go top off my fuel and will go get it soon.

Thanks for all the kind people.

One of the owners kids waved me down on the way back in from topping off my tanks.

She told me have been lol about it in the office.  I was told that I ran off a few people that were no longer paying.  They are having trouble getting rid of people due to the eviction bans.  They were joking about moving me to run off more people.

thumped said:
  They were joking about moving me to run off more people.

Maybe they will give you a kickback for every person you run off.. ;D ;D

If the unthinkable happens and that woman needs your training and education her thought process will be entirely different. Thanks for all you do and stay safe
RichH

You could hire yourself out to mention you were a COVID nurse and then doing a little outdoor coughing!  Maybe all it would take is a long walk around the park in the right places. 

Also a good technique for having a more private RV site! 

Back
Top Bottom