I met someone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Birthday Bill!!! Hopefully you had a very enjoyable one.

cadee2c said:
being Normal is highly over rated

While standing my first solo topside watch on a submarine, I had to patrol the topside once an hour. When the walk-around was done, we had to log that fact on the topside watch log. I was taught to write "Topside rounds complete, conditions normal" When the Duty Officer came topside during his rounds, I asked him to explain that to me. I said suppose we we're doing a fuel onload, the hose sprung a leak and caught fire. I know that would be put down in the log. After my next round, the fire was still going, the crew was fighting the fire, along with the guys from the tender. Would I still write "conditions normal"? I my view I would. The conditions would be normal for the fire that I logged in the book earlier. He didn't see the humor in it.

Oldgator73 said:
If my wife gets too engrossed to pay any attention to me I strip naked and stand in front her. Sometimes it takes a few hours but she eventually looks up. Then the terms of endearment begin....idiot, your scaring the dog, the neighbors have been here for thirty minutes, among others.

OMG, I have been following silently and chuckling away however, this one was hilarious it sounds like our house the only difference is I don?t think hubby has stood naked in front of me(don?t think) ?

Amanda, Congrats on meeting someone that is worth a second or multiple dates, if it doesn?t work out I am pretty sure there is a man hopelessly waiting for you in Florida!

workingtorv said:
OMG, I have been following silently and chuckling away however, this one was hilarious it sounds like our house the only difference is I don?t think hubby has stood naked in front of me(don?t think) ?

Amanda, Congrats on meeting someone that is worth a second or multiple dates, if it doesn?t work out I am pretty sure there is a man hopelessly waiting for you in Florida!
Not hopelessly, hopefully. ;D

Tom, your dream woman will come along when you least expect it!

I am sure if it doesn?t work out with Amanda and her new man she will have that lunch!

In the meantime, keep your eyes and ears open.

workingtorv said:
Tom, your dream woman will come along when you least expect it!

I am sure if it doesn?t work out with Amanda and her new man she will have that lunch!

In the meantime, keep your eyes and ears open.
Actually my dream girl works at the local 7-11. I just haven't gotten the nerve to ask her out.

SeilerBird said:
Actually my dream girl works at the local 7-11. I just haven't gotten the nerve to ask her out.

I already typed a response not sure where it went. 

Tom, what have got to lose by asking, the worst - she says no, big deal!  If you don?t ask you will never know.  You are certain she is single, right?

workingtorv said:
I already typed a response not sure where it went. 

Tom, what have got to lose by asking, the worst - she says no, big deal!  If you don?t ask you will never know.  You are certain she is single, right?
I have no clue if she is single or not. I have been having such a bad time dating women I am not to exciting about trying again.

SeilerBird said:
I have no clue if she is single or not. I have been having such a bad time dating women I am not to exciting about trying again.

If she is single...you better stop stalling....Good women don't stay single long.
If she says no....Then get a Slurpee the sugar rush will ease the pain or put you into diabetic shock :eek:

You could find out her situation by asking what her holiday plans are. That way you aren't putting yourself out there if she's married or has a live in. The timing is perfect, you can't do that all year lol

Oldgator73 said:
On another note, I feel like the minority according to the majority of the posts here. We have been married 46 years and I would say about 45 1/2 of them have pretty happy years. There have been some hiccups that were mostly my fault. We fight (argue) quite a bit but that?s our personalities.

Right behind you, Gator.  Together 42 years, married for 40 and our relationship seems about the same as yours.  I also married 3 boys(ages 6, 5, and 3 at the time)when I married my wife.  Many years later one of them worked at the same Chevy dealer as I did.  He was there for almost 3 years before the other techs found out he was a step and not my natural son.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Happy birthday Bill! Did you do anything special?
Thanks Amanda.  Anything special?  Reaching age 79 was pretty special to me considering most of my relatives assumed room temperature at much younger ages.  But we fully intended to go get a great meal at Lamberts Cafe, Home of the Throwed Rolls, which is only a couple of miles away.  The waiting line was 1 1/2 hours. That was my penalty for having a birthday on a Saturday and missing my $10 discount....LOL

Still great reading on page 6 of Amanda's Found a Man journal.

Bill

RVMommaTo6 said:
You could find out her situation by asking what her holiday plans are. That way you aren't putting yourself out there if she's married or has a live in. The timing is perfect, you can't do that all year lol

Good point Amanda.  'Back in the day' you could always tell a woman's status by looking for an engagement or wedding ring.  That is certainly no longer true.  So I guess you just ask "Do you have holiday plans with your husband or significant other?"

Bill

RVMommaTo6 said:
Well the whole problem is she is a cashier at a 7-11. I have to stand in line and buy something to talk to her, which I do. But there is always a line behind me and they would not appreciate it if I started a conversation with her.

SeilerBird said:
Well the whole problem is she is a cashier at a 7-11. I have to stand in line and buy something to talk to her, which I do. But there is always a line behind me and they would not appreciate it if I started a conversation with her.

While she cashing you out, it only takes a few words from you.  Wish her Merry Christmas at the same time. That will lead you into those few words.

Back
Top Bottom