I need help with a problem RV(!!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

myrondb

I am the very happy owner of a 2005 Winnebago Adventurer.  My problem RV is daughter's-in-law 2005 Gulf Coast BTouring Cruiser, model 5290.  it seems that Gulf Coast wants to keep the workings of that unit as a top military secret.  The instruction manual for the actual unit is about as useful as last week's newspaper sales flier.  Has anyone encountered one of these design mistakes?  I am looking to find such things as the water pump, fresh water tank drain, and the control/power unit for the rear (bed) slideout.

This may or may not help. I have the 5270 that is a 2004 and the water tank is under the bed and the drain valves are right next to the tank, they drain thru the floor. I don't have a rear slide, but do have one in the main area. It is electric and works via a toothed track on the underside of the slide floor. You should be able to shine a flashlight in the gap between the slide and the interior floor and see the electric motor if yours is like mine.

The owners manual I have contains no useful info for any systems such as this. I guess Gulf Stream doesn't think it important. Very odd.

Edit, the water pump is next to the tank.

Most things in the RV have their own manuals.  We have separate manuals for the water pump, the stove, microwave, hide-a-bed, toilet, shower, thermostat, fan....EVERYTHING.

If you could figure out brand & model of whatever you're dealing with, try Googling for a manual.  I think manufacturers change componenets so frequently that they don't bother with details.

:(I was told the water pump is under the bed.  Since the bed slide is kaput for now, I took the bed apart (WHAT A HASSLE!). NO pump.  I have recently learned the water pump and valves are in the bottom of the wardrobe closet and you have to have the bed slide out to access the closet.  Catch 22!  There is no other access to the valves.  I would love to hang the GS engineers who designed this mess by their toes. :mad:

I have the manuals for allthe accessories (pump, converter, etc.) but when you can't find the units or they aren't accessible, the manuals don't help.  Gulf Stream could at least show where the stuff is located in that rat's nest.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom