I need to replace a landing gear rocker switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AUSSIEBORN

Ours is a 2016 Reflection by Grand Design 5th wheel. Recently the rocker switch for the front landing gear failed and I needed to manually crank the gear up in order to move on to the next campground. I contacted Grand Design and was given the switch's part number and ordered it. Now that I have the new one I discovered that it is a 6 prong switch whereas the 'old' one is only 4 pronged. Is there a way to use the new switch and connect the existing 4 wires, or do I really need to find a 4 prong replacement? The existing 4 wires are 2 white, 1 red, 1 black. The new rocker has 1 pink, 1 red, 4 black wires (it arrived with wires and in-line fuse attached). I have photos available if anyone can help me but needs to see the issue at hand.

Thanks Rene. I'm following up on another option before I do that. Thanks for responding to my post.

AUSSIEBORN said:
Thanks Rene. I'm following up on another option before I do that. Thanks for responding to my post.

I'm not saying that the one they sent will not work but it could be the wrong one.

Could be. I'm also thinking that the part itself may have changed (that they're using a different rocker switch) but gave it the same or old part number. Anyway, we're checking out one or two places tomorrow that should be able to help us out one way or the other. Fingers crossed.

Sounds like the new switch has ground going thru it also.  Two center terminals should be 12 + and -.  Two wites when pressed should read 12+ and -  the other two wires should read 12- and +.  All the switch does is reverse the plus and negative wires to rwverse the motor.  Should be pretty simple to wire.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom