IDEAL ROUTE FROM SAN DIEGO TO AZUSA CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mariekie

To all the California route experts, usually I do not have a problem planning a route, yet when it comes to Southern California, I am quite leery, due to the heavy traffic. So, I am on my knees begging for your expertise!

At the moment we are in Chula Vista, leaving for Azusa on Monday - the DH is having a Banks system installed in our MH. Do we go north via I-5 or via I-15.

Looking forward hearing from all the experts.

Mariekie

I-15
  Sorry...Pushed the wrong key and had to edit, I-15 N. to 10 W. to 57N to 210 W.....shorter then 15N to 210 W.
  5/405 is usually a nightmare

bigskymt said:
  I-15
  Sorry...Pushed the wrong key and had to edit, I-15 N. to 10 W. to 57N to 210 W.....shorter then 15N to 210 W.
  5/405 is usually a nightmare

10W and 210 nightmare at wrong times..try to travel through here between 10AM and 2:30PM...
BTDT and is it not too bad....watch out for your GPS as some of this route has been changed
and it not in my GPS...may be in yours...mine is 1 year old

15N to 215N is best again earlier...pretty drive through the hills...

R

If you need to be there for an early Monday appointment, I would go Sunday afternoon before about 3 pm or so as weekend traffic coming home to the dity can be bad.  Monday morning communte to the city is worse.

Thank you so much for your responses and excellent advice. Going by way of I-15 was my choice as well, but since the DH thinks the GPS knows everything, I decided to get some experienced backing, here!!!

The plan is to leave Monday morning 11:00am. Gale Banks Engineering let us stay (with power) overnight on their premises. Early the next morning, and I mean early as in 6:00 am, they start to work on our MH. If everything goes according to plan we should be able to leave there Tuesday afternoon.

Mariekie

Marie,

Are you by chance at Chula Vista RV Park?  If so, we were there before Quartzsite.

If you are going at 11:00 am, you'll be just fine.

Marsha~

quote author=Mastermtn link=topic=28663.msg274230#msg274230 date=1264828687]
10W and 210 nightmare at wrong times..try to travel through here between 10AM and 2:30PM...

15N to 215N is best again earlier...pretty drive through the hills...

R
[/quote]
  215 will route you through Riverside and add another 20+ miles.
  You will probably hit traffic at Corona as you approach 91/215 I.C. on 15N.  Staying out of the right hand exit lanes (and as far left as possible) will help alleviate that.
  15N to 210W is slightly farther then 10W/57N but may help avoid congestion at 10/57 I.C. Your call if you listen to traffic reports.

Marsha,

Yes, we are staying at Chula Vista RV Park. We have been here before and like it very much.

Once again I want to thank all of you for the guidance!

Marie

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom