If Hawaii Is Attacked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sustainable except when it comes to the power grid.. Worse than some third world countries
We have our problems, but what third world country are you referring to? Meantime Texas has the 8th largest economy on the planet, ahead of Russia, Canada and Italy, it’s the top State in the nation for Fortune 500 companies and job growth.

I didn’t used to think this way about certain states but events in the past 10 years have poisoned my opinion of “the other side” to a degree great enough that I just do not want to associate with that demographic. I know it sounds myopic but at my stage in life I don’t feel I have the time or energy for it so I try to stay away from it. I won’t spend my money where that point of view is prevalent whether it be an entire state or a single business. It may seem petty to some but that and voting are the only avenues I have of demonstrating my disdain for that slice of the American pie.
I have states that I don't like to visit or stop and spend money in while traveling as well. They are probably different states and for different reasons.

Sustainable except when it comes to the power grid.. Worse than some third world countries
Yeah, I can't figure out how the state with the most fossil fuel would try to switch to alt energy without having enough fossil fuel backup. Especially using windmills not designed for cold weather. But Texas is one of the most likely states to have the best alt energy output.

Using solar panels in Texas makes sense since they have 25% more daylight hours than Minnesota in the winter with 165 sunny days/year vs 77. And Texas would rarely have solar panels covered with a foot of snow at the worst possible times.

That's one problem with alt energy nobody talks about, why energy has to be different by region. Add to that solar panel numbers are usually shown for peak daylight hours powering x number of homes, instead of a realistic yearly average by region. Even windmills generate more power during colder windy seasons where low pressure systems are the norm. And way less in summer high pressure with less wind.

If Texas succeeded from the union, I might actually be happy. I have a sister who lives near Fort Worth I haven't talked to in over 7 years and her husband is a real A$$. They have this attitude they are better than everyone else and is critical, condescending, and abusive to everyone not up to their "caliber" of lifestyle (whatever that means!) So, if Texas succeeded, they can keep my sister AND her husband!

Oldgator 73;
If you don't RV anymore are you just here to instigate?
There are engineers on this site that no longer engineer but lend their expertise. There are carpenters on this site that no longer carpenter be still lend their expertise; plumbers, machinists, etc. I have had experiences that might help others gain some insight into a problem they may be having. You don’t have to read my replies. There is a way to ignore me.

There are engineers on this site that no longer engineer but lend their expertise. There are carpenters on this site that no longer carpenter be still lend their expertise; plumbers, machinists, etc. I have had experiences that might help others gain some insight into a problem they may be having. You don’t have to read my replies. There is a way to ignore me.
Just asking I calls dem as I sees emm

Going back to the subject line it occurse to me that Hawaii WAS attacked.
Yes it was on December 7, 1941

And we all know how that worked out for the attackers.

Going back to the subject line it occurse to me that Hawaii WAS attacked.
Yes it was on December 7, 1941

And we all know how that worked out for the attackers.
In the 30’s Japan abandoned its parliamentary system of democracy and fanatics in the Army and Navy effectively took over control of the gov’t. They like the militarists in Germany thought other races were inferior and their manifest destiny was an expansion of what the German’s termed “lebensraum” (living space). It was why Hitler invaded Poland and why Japan invaded China and then 4 yrs. later attacked the US at Pearl Harbor.

Last edited:
Merriam Webster definition of "woke" aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social injustice.
The definition we need to be aware of is fascist "
1 a political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.
You decide who you would rather be. Guess I am woke
Those are my only choices ?
I'll just stick with hard working American.
I'm sure the "woke"crowd will fix everything

Back
Top Bottom