If you own a late model Forrest River RV and the lights flicker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wi1dBill

We have a 2018 Forrest River Sierra 5Th. wheel. After 2 seasons of snow birding and other trips. Several of the LED lights in the ceiling started to "strobe". Very simply the boards are breaking down. Since the unit is out of warranty I started to searched for replacement.  The complete fixture costed about $25.00 from an on-line dealer.  I found out these are a product of COMMAND ELECTRONICS of Schoolcraft, Michigan.  model # 001-58 is on the base mounting. The board can be purchased for $12.00 or less depending on the quantity needed. That part number is 03-HPG4980W35NS.   
Contact information  Phone # 269-679-4011    Email  [email protected]  attn Kelly 

I figured that these LED's have been on for well over 2,000 hours over the past two years.  I don't know how long these should last.  We didn't have any problems with the replacements LED's for the standard 1056 bulbs in the old rig. They were about 5 years old.  I suppose like the rest of the RV industry stuff..."BUILD IT CHEAPER."

I was told several years ago by an engineer who designed RV's that the normal usage for a RV is;  Year 1, 4 weeks of use. Year 2, 3 to 4 weeks and then is drops to about 2 week a year after that. Thus, that explains why RV's are built so cheaply.  Anyway that's my rant for the day.

Please note that the rest of the LED's over the chairs, couch, bed, in the closest, storage bay and outside kitchen are not their product.  They are on far less than the overheads and have not cause any problems.

Wi1dBi11

Thank you for this post! I just had my second ceiling light go bad and you helped me find replacements.
That was an old post your replied to, but welcome. If you plan on sticking around, I will add you to the ham radio list I am working on.

Or just reply in the above link and I will add you.

BTW, my new RV had an issue with all the lights flickering. It was a flakey connection on the fuse blade socket. Simple, easy, one minute fix.

73, -Don- AA6GA/7 Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom