Iles de la Magdalen / Madeleine Island - FERRY QUESTION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MicheleF

We are planning a trip the Madeleine Islands this summer. Has anyone ever crossed to the Islands by Ferry?  We are still new to RVing - and I'm a little anxious about towing the 5th wheel (40 ft) on and off of a ferry..

Thoughts or opinions?

We haven't visited these islands but our previous RV visits to other islands were not a problem with a 40' motorhome and car.  I see by their website that they take commercial vehicles so that probably means large trucks.  The largest ferries, such as those to Newfoundland and Alaska, can take logging trucks while middle size ones can take just about any RV.  Your best bet is to call them and ask.  We've found people at ferries to be very helpful.  By the way, they charge by the foot and your rig will be measured at the dock because they have to calculate weights, lengths, and widths very carefully to have a balanced load.  You'll have a great time watching the loading and unloading!

ArdraF

While on PEI we watched them load the ferry to Madeleine Island. All types on motorhomes...etc. went on the ferry. They have a web site you should check, but I don't think that you will have any problems.

RV sites..

http://www.tourismeilesdelamadeleine.com/en/where-to-sleep/campgrounds/

Don't forget to spend some time on PEI..

Back
Top Bottom