In need of electric help for my 99 Dutchstar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brajo50

I have a 99 Newmar Dutchstar with a 7500 w generator.  I have the 8.3 Cummings in it and it has an inverter.  I have need help figuring out my power issue.  Randomly, my auxiliary will stop working.  I always have lights and the fridge always works (plugged in, on the battery, or running the generator).  If I start the generator (and not plugged into shore power) I can run the AC too.  None of my outlets work in the coach.  If I shut the generator off and plug in, nothing changes.  It is not a ground fault issue as I checked both outlets and there is no power coming to the outlet.  I have the Heart Freedom Interface for the control panel for the invertor.  If I flip the switch a few times, I can get the power running to the auxiliary power again. Not all the time.  It is random.  Last night it did not work again.  If I turn the switch to off, nothing shuts off on the panel.  All of the lights stay lite (charge, invertor, volts, etc...)  I shut the switch off last night and unplugged the shore power.  I turned the switch back on, and it worked fine.  I had auxiliary power.

Could it be the control panel switch itself?  The invertor is always running if I plug it into shore power.

Any help would be appreciated.

The power for most of the wall outlets and the microwave runs through the inverter, whether actually inverting or not. Your Heart inverter has an internal transfer switch that allows shore/genset power to pass through it to the outlets. If the breaker in the inverter trips, you have no power on those circuits. There should be a breaker reset button on the inverter itself.

If I flip the switch a few times, I can get the power running to the auxiliary power again

What switch are we talking about here? One of the 4 on the typical Freedom Remote?

Is this the remote panel you have? Or maybe an older version of it?
http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/default/freedom-458-basic-remote.aspx

Thanks for the information.  I ordered a new (used).  It is the older one.  I thought I would try to see if it is the switch itself or something internal in the invertor.  It is sporadic and I have never reset the breaker on the invertor.  What is weird is the light never goes off when I turn the switch off.  Randomly it does.  Here is the pic of what I have...

Attachments

• Inverter.JPG
    Inverter.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurth
Back