In the process of buying a 98 HR Endeavor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kayakfl1982

Hello everyone!!!

I am in the process of buying a 98 HR Endeavor from Lazy Days in Tampa,FL.  This will be my first RV of any kind.  Well, if you count living in my SUV or tent for a long time.  My partner and I are adventure guides (16 to 20 years) and we travel a lot for your job. We mostly spend our summers in Marshall, NC (near Ashevile, NC) and then hoping to get a job near Big Bend National Park, and then ski bumming around a ski resort up North during the winter.  I just hope that I am making the right choice.

As of right now, I am trying to get a RV inspector to come to Lazy Days to do a full inspection of the motor, chassis and the over all condition of the DP.  I feel that I have done my research!  The tires are 2010, but look brand new, the inside of the coach is in perfect condition.  I have not been up on the roof yet, which I will be doing that tomorrow.  The outside has a few scratches and but no dents.

The only issues is that I have not reviewed any of the maintenance records, and a bit worried of the price.  Though I do know that it has a new front window, new 4 golf cart batteries, 2 new engine batteries and one new ac unit replaced by Lazy Days service.  My sales rep told me that she would get the number of the previous owner to find out if there was any major repairs or fixes that will be needed in the next few years.

The DP is a 98 HR Endeavor with 88,184 miles in great condition.  Thanks for reading, I have never posted on any forum before, I hope I wrote this write.  Thanks again
Kristen 

We have another '98 Endeavor owner here, so you can get some first hand feedback. It's a pretty solid year & model, and it  sounds as though this one has been cared for well.

Have the sales rep ask the previous owner if they would be willing to speak directly to you. Some will , some don't want to be bothered.

Hello,
Just wanted to touch base.
I just purchased a 1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavot with less than 40,000 miles.
Took it to a trusted RV mechanic and had everything that needed repair taken care of.
It is in really beautiful condition for a 20 year old vehicle and runs fantastic!
Did you purchase the HR?

Sounds like a nice coach!  Although 2010 tires should certainly be replaced soon, if not immediately.  Even if they look okay from the outside, dry-rot start internally and older tires are at MUCH higher risk of high-speed blowout when they heat up on the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom