incorrect reading from gray water tank sensors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Typical.  The sensors get clogged with junk.  Its totally common.  Most people simply ignore the tank sensor readings

tomdelmonaco said:
i empty the gray water tank complete and still showing 3/4 full.any ideas?

What is the make, model and year of your RV? Is it new to you? There may also be a second gray tank that would need to be dumped.

One trick I read about but have not tried (do this prior to a long day driving followed by full hookups) is to fill the gray water about 3/4 full, then pour a couple cups of dishwasher soap down a sink drain and wash it down with some water - must be dishwasher soap as it doesn?t foam. Then drive to your destination and dump the tank and see how it works

Calgon water softener and Dawn liquid dish soap for the black tank.  At least according to what the DW read.  Haven't been able to test this yet but as soon as we hit the road we'll find out.  If it works, it will likely work on Grey tank as well. 

Sun2Retire said:
One trick I read about but have not tried (do this prior to a long day driving followed by full hookups) is to fill the gray water about 3/4 full, then pour a couple cups of dishwasher soap down a sink drain and wash it down with some water - must be dishwasher soap as it doesn?t foam. Then drive to your destination and dump the tank and see how it works

I did that this year coming back from FL. I drove 1300 miles with it sloshing around. When I dumped, the sensors all read empty for the first time since I've owned it.

Rene T said:
I did that this year coming back from FL. I drove 1300 miles with it sloshing around. When I dumped, the sensors all read empty for the first time since I've owned it.

Rene, did you try this with your black water tank as well?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom