Indicator lights are completely off even with the generator running and the house battery switch in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hockeybuff

I just encountered somewhat the same problem with my 2008 Class C Outlook.  Panel indicator lights are completely off even with the generator up and running and the house battery switch in the ON position.  Can't imagine that it would be the house batteies since they were replaced earlier this year.  A fuse perhaps??  Or should I simply try recharging, to see if they hold the charge? 

I just encountered somewhat the same problem with my 2008 Class C Outlook.  Panel indicator lights are completely off even with the generator up and running and the house battery switch in the ON position.

Chances are there is a major size fuse in the battery wires to the main panel. There is also likely to be fuse(s) in the converter/charger. Does everything else work ok with genset running? What about house lighting, fridge, etc? Anything working?

With generator running, interior lights do OK.  Tried calling Winnebago but they won't reopen until Monday.  Will check fuses tomorrow.  Stay tuned.  THANKS!!

Fuse to panel OK.  With AC connected, panel lights are on.  With AC disconnected, I still have house lights.  So the mystery continues.

Your house lights are 12v, so if they are working you have power. And you seem to have lighting/power whether genset (and thus the converter) is running or not, so the batteries must be online too.

What panel & indicator lights are we talking about, anyway?

After looking at your wiring diagram, I'm wondering if you don't have a bad battery disconnect relay.  Take a look at page two of your wiring diagram.  Find your solenoids (battery mode solenoid and battery disconnect relay) and check voltages.

Thanks, John & Gary, for suggesting the possible culprits.  Turned out to be dead batteries (& low water).  Am starting to lose favor with Interstates.  HB

If only one cell goes bad in a bank, the charger can pump current into the bank until they boil the electrolyte out.  If you want trouble-free batteries, replace with AGM chemistry.

We had problems with low battery water in our Winnebago B+.  We keep the unit plugged into shore power all Winter.  Finally changed the converter/charger to a 3 stage progressive unit.  Over the last 10 months we have not had to add any water.  The 3 stage converter/charger seems to do a much better job of keeping the batteries in top condition with out water depletion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom