Installed third solar panel!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rbertalotto

So here it is December in New England. A few weeks ago my solar supplier, AltE had a price reduction and then a 10% off sale. So I took a ride up there and bought another 140w / 12V panel like the other two already installed.

And of course, we have been having extremely mild weather here in Southeastern Massachusetts for weeks. But as soon as I want to work on the trailer, the temperature plummets! So my plan was to take the panel with me to Arizona when I go down there in February, and install it there.

But today we get one last reprieve before the cold arctic blast hits tomorrow. Today, in the sun , it was 62 degrees! Tomorrow it is supposed to go down to 20 degrees and stay there for a week or more.

So up on the roof, tools in hand, and installed the third panel. Only took about an hour and that included making the aluminum angle iron brackets to mount the panel to the roof.

Fortunately I had planned on a third panel so the space for it was available and nothing had to be relocated. Now 420w?.Two Group 31 batteries?I think I got the balance just right!

Screwed down, sealed, connected?.DONE!

http://images16.fotki.com/v388/photos/2/36012/13805932/DSC00406-vi.jpg

Question, "aluminum angle iron" where can I get some of this new material?    ;D

rbertalotto said:
Fortunately I had planned on a third panel so the space for it was available and nothing had to be relocated. Now 420w?.Two Group 31 batteries?I think I got the balance just right!

Hi rbertalotto,

If I'm not to nosey, what was the total cost for your system, all things included?
I'm on the fence for a similar install, we want to do more out of campground camping this year.
If I'm being too forward just ignore me, I'm used to it from my kids!

Keith

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharod
Back
Top Bottom