Installing Ladder to a coachmen travel trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mustang6605

Hi,  Just wondering if anyone has had a ladder installed on the back of a Coachmen Velocity or Captiva or one of the newer models with the fiberglass shell.  I have an 06 Coachmen Velocity 27BH and a Topline ladder that I want to bumper mount.  I have checked the backside of my camper w/an electronic stud finder and it seems there are some supporting structure under the fiberglass in several spots to where I might attach the ladder.  Since I am attaching to the top side of the bumper, the bumper will take most of the climbers weight.  Just needing to know if anyone has done this to see if I'm correct on the studs or whatever it is in behind the fiberglass.  I've also emailed Viking who actually mfg. the travel trailer to see if I can get a schematic of the back wall, as well as the roof.  Thanks for any information or suggestions on the subject.  I want to touch all bases before drilling any holes.  Thanks again, Leon :)

Leon,
Don't know about your coachman but I just put a ladder on the back of my 2005 Cherokee. I used the stud finder and drilled the pilot holes and put in the lags screws. Put lap sealer on everything I touched to seal it and I have been using it since. Good luck. Happy camping. Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boklm
Back
Top Bottom