Insurance Claim and Payment to Dealership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ksbowman said:
The way you handled it is completely fair. It is not out of line to pay for materials upon delivery of said materials. To pay in full gives you absolutely no leverage if there is a problem and no guarantee it will ever be completed. Asking for full payment prior to any work should always bring up a big red flag and if not worked out as you did you should find another provider of services.

I would disagree with the statement that it is not out of line to pay for materials as they arrive. First, I am not paying for delivery of parts, I am paying for parts and installation of same. Basically a complete job. Second, the shop will mark up the parts as they bought them wholesale, or at least discounted, and I would be hesitant to give them any profit until satisfactory completion of the job. If they are so cash strapped that they need interim payments on a job it is time to look for another shop.
RichH

robertusa123 said:
Call your bank. And see if they can set u a temporary escrow account

Robert, why go through all that hassle. The dealership has agreed to let the customer sign the check once the customer is satisfied.

Rene T said:
Robert, why go through all that hassle. The dealership has agreed to let the customer sign the check once the customer is satisfied.

Like Rene T said.  The dealership agreed to do it my way so I'm back to being happy.

Another question...  The new roof has been installed and we will pick up the TT tomorrow.  I suppose we should use their ladder to at least visually look at the new roof however we really don't know a good job from a bad job.  Any suggestions on what we should look for?  :-\

(By the way, everything with the dealership has been going smoothly.  They discovered some scratches on the side of TT and contacted the insurance company to get approval to buff out the scratches. The work was completed ahead of schedule.)

Max and Eric,
I would say make sure there are no indications of any bubbling of the rubber and that it's laying flat all over, and that all the seams and joints are caulked with a very heavy layer of self leveling caulk.

Back
Top Bottom