Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawtna

We have a Class B freight liner business class, that we use to pull our fifth wheel with. Right now we have it insured thru our company, because our agent was able to find a personal policy for it. Would like to find one. Can any one help.

Not sure I understand.  Do you mean your agent COULD NOT find a personal policy to cover your rig?

I don't know why it should be a problem.  Many of us use Progressive RV insurance and are happy with it you might want to give them a look.

Rick

Spell check does a great job. Just forget to add that he was not able to find a personal policy, because of the size of the truck. Thanks

I'm not sure what "agent"  you are consulting with, but you might want to contact Progressive yourself.  They insure all styles of RV's as well as Commercial Vehicles, and I would think your Class B would fit in there somehow.  Many folks here (myself included) have Progressive and recommend them for all size RV's.  Then give the other major companies a call too (GEICO, State Farm, Allstate, Country, Farmer's, just to name a few in no particular order) for some comparisons, although rates may vary greatly depending on your state and driving record.

Called Progressive Insurance. Want to put truck on commercial insurance $1000.00 of dollars per year. They sent me to Farm and City Services Insurance in Iowa. They were $ 1600.00 a year for the truck and trailer.

I've worked in the insurance industry for 20+ years now. For many insurance companies, specialty vehicles like this fall into a gap between personal and commercial. Yes, it's used personally but many companies put weight restrictions on vehicles for their Personal Auto Policy offerings. One company I worked for even used to decline dually pickups because of their (perceived) size and weight. To qualify for commercial insurance, most companies will require that the vehicle not only be of a commercial type but that it is actually used commercially. I think what it comes down to for a lot of companies is "it doesn't fit the mold" so they choose not to insure it.

Joe

Going to try National Interstate today. You are right about the truck falling between the cracks because of its size. Really its no bigger then the big motor homes. Its that it can be detached and use for other things. With Farmers Insurance with have to sign a paper saying that we will only use the tuck with the trailer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom