Interior Lights Blink when Furnace is trying to start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just be careful and follow the instructions and you should do fine. With the "all in one" type you will need to remove and reconnect all of the 120V circuits. If it were me I'd replace the circuit breakers that are not recent at the same time as I don't think it will come with those. It should be a significant improvement from what you have had.
Good Idea on the circuit breakers. Thank you.

So, I bought this 1998 Mallard 29 last year for my camping property. It did not have a battery with it. I hooked it to shore power and everything worked all last year so I figured I was fine and did not buy one. I went to work on re-doing the interior, needed heat, plugged it into shore power and that started this discussion. I mistakenly assumed I did not need a battery since everything worked without one.
It allowed me to fire up the furnace but the low batt warning alarm started soon after.

I was curious 'bout the "alarm", you had not mentioned it in earlier posts.

I was curious 'bout the "alarm", you had not mentioned it in earlier posts.
I do have a low Battery alarm , it started going off about every minute after it I connected a fresh battery to it and had the heater running for about 1/2 hr.

Installed the Progressive Dynamics 4100 series converter on Saturday. Straightforward but a lot of wires to squeeze into a compact space. Nevertheless, everything is connected and working, and the battery is charging!. A ton of thanks to all who gave advice on resolving this. I am back on line.

I do have a low Battery alarm , it started going off about every minute after it I connected a fresh battery to it and had the heater running for about 1/2 hr.
STILL curious....(but not that way)
...before the battery was it 'alarming' with the blinking lights/furnace trying to run???? Post #1
Am I not asking it the right way?

Oh, I am glad it has worked out for you, enjoy!

STILL curious....(but not that way)
...before the battery was it 'alarming' with the blinking lights/furnace trying to run???? Post #1
Am I not asking it the right way?

Oh, I am glad it has worked out for you, enjoy!
I attached a charged battery when I had the old converter. The furnace fired up and ran but the alarm went off indicating, I assume, the battery was not being charged by the converter.

Back
Top Bottom