Introduction -- PopUp Honeymoon Hopefuls in Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amasake

Hello!

My boyfriend and I have done a whole lotta tent camping -- we love it, but we're pretty sick of packing & unpacking our car, not to mention are in sore need of somewhere to store our gear now that we've moved to a smaller place.

We're thinking a pop-up tent camper would be a good "next step" for us at this point. In fact, we're hoping to do a cross-country camping trip for our honeymoon this Fall... or, however far we can get with the time we take off.

I'm doing the Craig's List thing now, looking at pop-ups for sale and trying to find something that's not too new or fancy, just something sturdy that was reasonably well taken care of.

I've found some "Buying a PopUp" articles online but thought I'd post here to say hey and see if any of you good folks might care to chime as I move forward with my first RV purchase...

Oh yeah, I've also been to a few dealers but since I wanna pay cash, I think I'm gonna find better deals thru owners -- but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  :)

Thanks & have a great day!

Carolyn

Carlyn

Best wishes in your search.

I think you are wise to check dealers first so that you can have a sense of the prices and look at enough units to gauge what you want before going through the more time consuming process of a private purchase.

I would caution you against older units in that serious problems of any kind can make popups economically unrepairable.

Be sure you have your towing situation sorted out ahead of time.

Back
Top Bottom