Irritating W-10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My point being is that if I am seeing these issues come through my shop at my one location it makes me wonder what the ratio really is of good experience vs bad experience really is and why is Microsoft using it's users as guinea pigs. I would have thought that they would have released this major upgrade AFTER it has been thoroughly tested just as they did with Windows 7.
There are just too many different types of computers and too many different third party programs that conflict and that makes it impossible for MS to test every configuration. If they tried they would never release anything. Meanwhile you are not seeing a representative sample of computers coming through your shop. There are too many users like myself whom have never taken a computer into a repair shop.

SeilerBird said:
There are just too many different types of computers and too many different third party programs that conflict and that makes it impossible for MS to test every configuration. If they tried they would never release anything. Meanwhile you are not seeing a representative sample of computers coming through your shop. There are too many users like myself whom have never taken a computer into a repair shop.

When Windows 7 upgrade was released issues where far less common. I do agree it is impossible to test all scenarios. As I stated I know that most users also have no issue.

Timster said:
When Windows 7 upgrade was released issues where far less common. I do agree it is impossible to test all scenarios. As I stated I know that most users also have no issue.
Hi Timster:
This is not intended to be a criticism of you or your business.  The statistics surrounding your contention that "most users also have no issue" are at best, subjective (mostly provided by people with a vested interest, or by Microsoft itself) and cannot be considered a reliable guideline, being that it is so early after the release of Windows 10.
As I stated in an earlier post, I have not had any problems with upgrades either for myself or clients BUT that is only speaking for a small town where I conduct my business.
Similarly, you may be able to speak for Savanna, GA area, but beyond that you are mostly relying on the opinions of others I would think. 
Conversely, there are people who just don't like it, or are frustrated because it made them change from the familiar to the unknown. Those people have a voice as well, and have said so on this forum. Opinions may change over time, but there will always be dropouts and cop-outs. 
If it is any consolation to them, I too am 'slipping back to my Windows 7' OS for lots of things. 

Gord Nelson said:
Hi Timster:
This is not intended to be a criticism of you or your business.  The statistics surrounding your contention that "most users also have no issue" are at best, subjective (mostly provided by people with a vested interest, or by Microsoft itself) and cannot be considered a reliable guideline, being that it is so early after the release of Windows 10.
As I stated in an earlier post, I have not had any problems with upgrades either for myself or clients BUT that is only speaking for a small town where I conduct my business.
Similarly, you may be able to speak for Savanna, GA area, but beyond that you are mostly relying on the opinions of others I would think. 
Conversely, there are people who just don't like it, or are frustrated because it made them change from the familiar to the unknown. Those people have a voice as well, and have said so on this forum. Opinions may change over time, but there will always be dropouts and cop-outs. 
If it is any consolation to them, I too am 'slipping back to my Windows 7' OS for lots of things.

Agreed, that is exactly why I opened the my post with "strictly on what  I have seen and people that I have talked to"

I have no bias for or against Windows 10. I do have a issue with the EULA that Microsoft has attached to Windows 10. Other than that my statements are strictly based on what I have observed in my area in my line of work. I will say that I am in contact with many other repair techs around the world who see these exact issues in their shop.

In my line of work all I am going to see are the users that are having issues. Not the ones that are having no issues. I do realize this.

Back
Top Bottom