Is it possible to operate a business in a membership park?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just based on your vague description of services rendered I assume you're doing something shady, and possibly illegal. I have no stake in this whatsoever. So ask yourself, "If that's what a forum member thinks, what will an actual business owner think when I ask if I can advertise my services"?

I’m not offended by the F word. But there is a time and place for it. We live in a small community of maybe 20 homes. It is not appropriate for that language to be openly displayed. If we used that language on the forum I’m sure we would hear about it. If you hoisted a similar flag in an RV park I’m sure you would be asked to take it down.
First off HOAs triggers a wide variety of words that I cannot use here. ;) But I think it was more about the entire message than one forbidden word represented by a letter here. Now back to the topic at hand,

There are many rv fulltimers working from the road that stays in campgrounds each and everyday making steady wages without a problem. I watch some of the you tube channels that has some staying in thousand trails on a regular basis.

I’m not offended by the F word. But there is a time and place for it. We live in a small community of maybe 20 homes. It is not appropriate for that language to be openly displayed. If we used that language on the forum I’m sure we would hear about it. If you hoisted a similar flag in an RV park I’m sure you would be asked to take it down.
There's a guy in the RV park I usually stay in at Quartzsite that displays that particular flag on both his RV and the flag poles on his off-road buggy. The park has no problem with it, although it irritates me, but that's my problem, not his. Other than the flags, he's a pretty nice guy. He knows a lot about guns and gold mining, both of which interest me, so I talk about that and not the flags. I'd turn my head 180 degrees, but I'm old and my neck won't do that anymore. :D

Accepted by who? But that word doesn't belong in polite company, which every campground and most public places should be. It's offensive to many, at least in the wrong context, wrong time and place...
When a huge list of new age style "musicians" are worth hundreds of millions of dollars , which incorporates what many consider to be vulgar words in their repertoire , then yes a ton of people are accepting what many people consider vulgar words. Listing them may not be acceptable here. So you can form your own opinion.

And buried in the world's population there are folks thats not at all that polite. This includes people in HOA housing communities, campgrounds and ones that gather in a group and online for casual conversation. I can only control what I say and do in a group setting, which also may not get a round of applause when its just mindless banter. YMMV
Thats life.
What is life?
Its a magazine.
How must does it cost?
Five dollars
Gee I only have two bucks
Well thats life.:)

Last edited:
This includes people in HOA housing communities, campgrounds and ones that gather in a group and online for casual conversation.
In many instances, if not all, the group controls the dialog. Be it formal or informal, a certain decorum is either stated or implied. I was in the military for 24 years. A bunch of guys on a work crew or sitting around drinking beer in the shop after work might throw around some salty language. But not in the commanders staff meeting or the group or wing commanders stand up. There’s a time and place to play the macho game. Do you use this language around your dinner table with your wife, kids and grandkids? Your excuse that it’s okay because there are some songs that include this language is no justification that it’s okay.

In many instances, if not all, the group controls the dialog. Be it formal or informal, a certain decorum is either stated or implied. I was in the military for 24 years. A bunch of guys on a work crew or sitting around drinking beer in the shop after work might throw around some salty language. But not in the commanders staff meeting or the group or wing commanders stand up. There’s a time and place to play the macho game. Do you use this language around your dinner table with your wife, kids and grandkids? Your excuse that it’s okay because there are some songs that include this language is no justification that it’s okay.
The issue of salty language that you are offended by has nothing to do with me or my family. No where have I said that I favor the current fad of music either as many other folks on the planet do and share in their spending habits.

I guess if a person has nothing else to do, similar to condo commando like HOA members, then salty language can be one of the hot topics to fret about on a given day. Old Crow says all thats needed to be said at this time, even if you cannot turn your neck the complete 180 degrees. :ROFLMAO::cool:

The issue of salty language that you are offended by has nothing to do with me or my family. No where have I said that I favor the current fad of music either as many other folks on the planet do and share in their spending habits.

I guess if a person has nothing else to do, similar to condo commando like HOA members, then salty language can be one of the hot topics to fret about on a given day. Old Crow says all thats needed to be said at this time, even if you cannot turn your neck the complete 180 degrees. :ROFLMAO::cool:
Gotcha, however, I am not offended by the language. I am however saying that for me there is a time and place for the language. I have approached folks in public, restaurants, theaters, and other public places and ask them from refraining from using that language. I have had to chastise our son for using that language in public. And a flag in the front yard in my neighborhood rises to occasion that I felt a need to say something. I really don’t care if it’s okay with you or anybody else if folks use that language around them or their families.

People will get offended by almost anything. I lived in OK until I was 50 and an old pickup truck in excellent condition like my '73 was considered a treasure. In MS many people assume if you drive an older vehicle you must be dirt poor or a druggie. They won't even park near it at Walmart. Doesn't bother me. I was raised to believe people who make their social status or possessions too obvious are probably in debt up to their eyeballs.

People will get offended by almost anything. I lived in OK until I was 50 and an old pickup truck in excellent condition like my '73 was considered a treasure. In MS many people assume if you drive an older vehicle you must be dirt poor or a druggie. They won't even park near it at Walmart. Doesn't bother me. I was raised to believe people who make their social status or possessions too obvious are probably in debt up to their eyeballs.
I wouldn’t call that being offended. That’s just making assumptions. Like if a person walks into a car dealership or jewelry store the salespeople will make assumptions about their wealth and how much they can afford based on how they are dressed. At one time it was reported that the car most favored by millionaires was a Mercury Grand Marquis. A lower priced luxury sedan.

What's considered rude also varies with local custom. When I visited Australia back in the '90s it was acceptable to use the F-word as emphasis. There was even a nationwide TV ad campaign which told people to "F-ing use your turn signals."

On the other hand, I quickly learned not to give someone a thumbs-up. It doesn't signify agreement but instead tells the recipient to "sit on it and twirl."

When I read the first post talking about health and healing and the follow up speaking about the higher end campgrounds, I thought this thread was about starting a high end massage business.:D
I was thinking a card reader or palm reader kind.

When I read the first post talking about health and healing and the follow up speaking about the higher end campgrounds, I thought this thread was about starting a high end massage business.:D
High end. What exactly would you get at a high end massage business? I’ve never been to a massage place so I don’t even know what you get at a low end place.

I wouldn’t call that being offended. That’s just making assumptions. Like if a person walks into a car dealership or jewelry store the salespeople will make assumptions about their wealth and how much they can afford based on how they are dressed. At one time it was reported that the car most favored by millionaires was a Mercury Grand Marquis. A lower priced luxury sedan.
Well, I kinda get offended when people judge me by the age of my vehicle :) Around here all the remaining Mercury Grand Marquis will have lots of rust and the headliner hanging down but it will have $5,000 wheels on it :)

Back
Top Bottom