Is my basement area heated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Kemosabe!  I thought this to be very pertinent information for anyone dabling in the basement in winter.  This is where the forum shines, providing firsthand information and experience that is not available on or in the product package (or service).

Possibly LUX has changed the thermostat, or you purchased a different model.  The one I have could be programmed to turn on and off at temperatures in the thirties.  I recall setting mine to turn on at 36 as I recall.

hdmox said:
Thanks, Kemosabe!  I thought this to be very pertinent information for anyone dabling in the basement in winter.  This is where the forum shines, providing firsthand information and experience that is not available on or in the product package (or service).

Yep, this is a great thread!  ;D

Hi all.  I guess I should have volunteered in my revival message that I have utilized several forum suggestions and last month finished insulating my water heater/water pump compartment and my dump compartment, applying Tuff-R 1? foam board to the compartment exteriors.  This is documented at http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/insulation-78568.html#post728784 with pictures.  I also added a GFCI receptacle in the dump bay with a TC-3 Thermo Cube and a 25W light bulb for anti-freeze protection (if the temperatures ever get low enough in this mild PA winter).  I wired this as a separate, new circuit from the AC C/B panel, and I just bought the additional wire and parts to extend the circuit forward to the WH/pump bay for another outlet.  I?ll have a cube and bulb available for this compartment if I need them, but I am still experimenting with the coach heater flapper to force additional cabin air through this bay when it is really cold outside.

As LK23 says, LUX must have changed this outlet thermostat.  Mine is a LUX Smart Temp WIN100 5-2 Programmable Outlet Thermostat which I purchased online less than a month ago.  I corresponded with luxproducts.com tech support about the temperature range and received the following: ?Unfortunately, there is no way to get the thermostat to operate below its default lowest temperature of 45 degrees.?

Back
Top Bottom