is the ford motorhome too noisey to talk going down the road...you be the judge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
530ktm said:
I love these threads. Most of the time driving is on pretty flat roads and our coach is very quiet 90% of the time. I bet the pushers still have the wind noise around the front end while silently gliding down the highways.  If we need to power up to get up a hill then yes there is engine noise but it surely is not the end of the world. I appreciate the fact that I can start my engine in the early mornings and let it idle while preparing for departure and not wake up the entire campground. I have many factors that make me want to keep my gas coach over a diesel coach and when you are sitting still in your spot they all do the same thing.

Best response. You win.

this wasn't supposed to be a diesel vs gas thread,... put just showing how loud the gassers really are ......'I raced front motor dragsters and rode straight pipe Harleys.... I kinda like hearing the motor sing,.. and know when it's getting strangled and about to let go

We traded our 2014 31KE Itasca with a 5 speed V-10 for a 2016  Adventurer 38Q a few months ago with a 6 speed V-10. Went from about 16K lbs to 29000 lbs w/toad and dolly.  The new 2016 rig is sooooo much quieter and much of the engine screaming on acceleration and hill climbing has been eliminated. I never took a db measurement but the ride quality and sound levels are typical of a sedan. Even wind noise is greatly reduced. Loving the new 2016 V-10 set up.

Gee, I've never had that problem with my Chevy powered Class A.. Save when the windshield slipped and that, of course is not an engine issue or noise.. Fixed that too i did.

a big reason I will be keeping my gas rig is I can fix anything that goes wrong with parts from Autozone or a Ford dealer.

Even if money wasn't an issue.... I've lost confidence in the quality of mechanics I see working on stuff now days.

They are computer guided parts changers, not mechanics.

TheNewhalls said:
A Banks system would be nice, but I think they are are $4000 to $4500.

banks systems are great for the early fords... but don't do much for the new coaches...5 star tune gets better results...

biggest problem with the early fords was the "Y" pipe..in fact, just changing out that part will net the most increase of usable power...

John From Detroit said:
Gee, I've never had that problem with my Chevy powered Class A.. Save when the windshield slipped and that, of course is not an engine issue or noise.. Fixed that too i did.

my favorite coach's were the old p30 chevy powered... as long as you didn't go too big... they were great..loved the IFS on them... smooth !!"D

AMERICANRASCAL said:
We traded our 2014 31KE Itasca with a 5 speed V-10 for a 2016  Adventurer 38Q a few months ago with a 6 speed V-10. Went from about 16K lbs to 29000 lbs w/toad and dolly.  The new 2016 rig is sooooo much quieter and much of the engine screaming on acceleration and hill climbing has been eliminated. I never took a db measurement but the ride quality and sound levels are typical of a sedan. Even wind noise is greatly reduced. Loving the new 2016 V-10 set up.

as much as I hate ford and winnabago right now....I have to agree....:p

Quote from: 530ktm on July 05, 2016, 04:47:51 PM
I love these threads. Most of the time driving is on pretty flat roads and our coach is very quiet 90% of the time. I bet the pushers still have the wind noise around the front end while silently gliding down the highways.  If we need to power up to get up a hill then yes there is engine noise but it surely is not the end of the world. I appreciate the fact that I can start my engine in the early mornings and let it idle while preparing for departure and not wake up the entire campground. I have many factors that make me want to keep my gas coach over a diesel coach and when you are sitting still in your spot they all do the same thing.

mikef said:
Best response. You win.

X3

TheNewhalls said:
Quote from: 530ktm on July 05, 2016, 04:47:51 PM

X3

my alpine doesn't have wind noise....

My Rexhall doesn't have any wind noise..... I have tinnitus.

:)

530ktm said:
My Cadillac has wind noise to some extent while at speeds. Come on, really.

really, in fact we were headed into a pretty good head wind, pulled over to let the dogs out...

we ended up with poodle kites....lol...never even knew it was windy out...

alpine really did a good job sealing the man door in front... no noise at all...in fact the only noise up front was the entry step... crawled under to see that the rubber bumpers had srunk over the years.....fixed that.... no rattlers anywhere....and no wind noise....guess I need to do a video...:)

I ve owned quite a few pushers,,,door wind noise....bumpy ride.. front wind noise...

put have to say,... the alpine is the smoothest, quietest, most powerfull pusher I've ever owned.....wish it was new..

First trip with my RV from Atlanta, GA to Tybee Island, GA... driving along at 65~70 and all of a sudden it got quiet. I started looking at the dash and checking things out to see if/why the engine had died...

Then the new road surface ended and the noise returned. :-/

Back
Top Bottom