Is there a "Best" towed vehicle for behind my Motor Home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wijames2002 said:
I'm sure I'm going to pull a tow behind my motorhome for ease of getting around town while RV'ing. Any suggestions as to the best or easiest small tow to use?

Thanks

As others have said it depends upon your plans for when you get to your destination and your own personal situation.  When I became weary of towing my wife's car on a dolly I looked at the possibilities of other vehicles that could be flat towed.  My wife has mobility issues, so she rejected the idea of my Lincoln MKZ as a toad since she had troubles getting in an out of that vehicle.  She found that the Ford CMax was very easy for her to get in and out of, and was a car she liked to drive.  Consequently, I sold my Lincoln and bought the CMax Energi to enjoy the benefits of an electric hybrid. 

This cars tows very well, but it has an issue that several of us have been collectively struggling with.  Ford recommend towing it with the car totally turned off. However,the electronics for the Active Assist brakes seem to come on by itself from time to time making it difficult to use with any braking system without having the dinghy brakes occasionally lock up.  We have been experimenting with disabling the vacuum pump by pulling the associated fuse, or towing it in ACC mode and setting the controller to a lower sensitivity level.  You will note that RVI has removed this from their list of vehicles that can be uses with their product. I expect that the electronics for the Focus and the Lincoln may well be similar, but I cannot verify.  Ford has been of zero help to us that have been puzzling about this. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom