Is This Really Necessary?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband is one of those that would think he needs to be up at 5AM to "make time".  Me I may be up at 9 maybe and off eventually.  Also I don't come in late maybe 4ish.  I'm in no hurry to get going or get there.  I'm up when I get up, if I make 250 miles today or 400 makes no difference to me.  I'm just ambling along.  I hope hubby can learn to slow down, who cares when you get there?

I'm going to be in and out of here a few times, I already told the manager, she has the 5th wheel next to us.  I try not to be noisy but I doubt I'm bothering anyone, I think everyone around me is working during the day as I'm not doing it early or late. 

What gets me is the guy in front of me across the road.  He comes in after dark and I guess sits in his truck for a long time with the headlights on shining in the front.  I think I got the drapes closed now so the light doesn't come in.  Black will get in the window during the day and separate them.  I assume he is filling out paperwork or something, but why can't he turn out his lights?

This is a very quiet park, no dogs barking, no hollering yelling or anything.  The fireworks were pretty bad at the subdivision next door but that's about it. About the quietest I've ever been in.

PatrioticStabilist said:
What gets me is the guy in front of me across the road.  He comes in after dark and I guess sits in his truck for a long time with the headlights on shining in the front. I assume he is filling out paperwork or something, but why can't he turn out his lights?

This is high on my list of pet peeves, too. It's convenient to have auto on/off headlights (as I do in my truck) but some folks just have no courtesy. When I come and go after dark I try to use the just parking lights if I can - next step is the driving lights. If I have to, the headlights stay on. Once I hit the site, I cut them so they don't stay on after the truck is turned off. I've had people park so they are facing directly at our awning or fire pit and just let the lights stay on 30 seconds or so until they turn off on their own. Rude, rude, rude.

PatrioticStabilist said:
My husband is one of those that would think he needs to be up at 5AM to "make time".  Me I may be up at 9 maybe and off eventually.  Also I don't come in late maybe 4ish.  I'm in no hurry to get going or get there.  I'm up when I get up, if I make 250 miles today or 400 makes no difference to me.  I'm just ambling along.  I hope hubby can learn to slow down, who cares when you get there?

I'm going to be in and out of here a few times, I already told the manager, she has the 5th wheel next to us.  I try not to be noisy but I doubt I'm bothering anyone, I think everyone around me is working during the day as I'm not doing it early or late. 

What gets me is the guy in front of me across the road.  He comes in after dark and I guess sits in his truck for a long time with the headlights on shining in the front.  I think I got the drapes closed now so the light doesn't come in.  Black will get in the window during the day and separate them.  I assume he is filling out paperwork or something, but why can't he turn out his lights?

This is a very quiet park, no dogs barking, no hollering yelling or anything.  The fireworks were pretty bad at the subdivision next door but that's about it. About the quietest I've ever been in.
I am with you on the road 9ish off around 5ish. Hate to say it but have never driven this coach after dark.
Perhaps the person doesn't realize this bothers anyone. You might try a subtle suggestion or tell him it bothers the cats.
I can relate to your husband and his need to get up and going. It may take a little while to brake life long habits but it can be done. He has probably done it his whole life because of the pressures of his job and other time constraints. I had the same problem but now not so much. I can saver another cup of Coffey and watch those in a big hurry unhooking and getting ready to leave.
Bill

bucks2 said:
As a point of reference train locomotives are kept at temp 24/7. They are either on automatic start whenever the coolant temp gets below a set point, or left idling. The Sounder trains kept in Tacoma run commuters up and down the Puget Sound 5 days a week. On weekends they are left to idle the entire time. It is deemed more efficient for them to do so than to shut them down and make a cold start each week. So, we can't lump ALL diesel engines or ALL gasoline engines into one lump. There just might be some old diesels and old gas engines that do need a little longer warm up. Give 'em 15 minutes........

Ken

Partially true and only because the weather is so awful up therein the fall and winter. They run whenever the ambient temp is 40* or lower. Good article on the why/how/when and what kind of money they are saying they save the taxpayer.

http://mynorthwest.com/646/2218224/Why-do-Sounder-locomotives-idle-when-trains-dont-run

Back
Top Bottom