It moves!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonnyLisa

We have a 2014 30ft Walkabout. After we get level, snug down the stabilizers, chock the tires (I even have one of those that squeezes in-between the tires) we still have quite a bit of bounce and/or movement when walking around inside.  Any suggestions?

IMO, unless you get the tires completely off the ground, (and your stabilizers aren't meant for that) there's always gonna be a bit of wiggle...

There is another option but it is a little impractical unless you are going to be at one location for an extended length of time.

A smaller version of these stabilizers under your slideouts would help control movement of the fifth wheel.

I hope Rene does not mind us using this picture again.

Attachments

• r20160406_160434.jpg
    r20160406_160434.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 96
You're not going to get all the "wiggle" out of it in the set-up you are suggesting. Nature of the beast.
Unless you put the RV on blocks,  it's going to move around a bit. You can minimize it with the stabilizers. But if moving on in a short period of time, it's just something to get used to.

denmarc said:
You're not going to get all the "wiggle" out of it in the set-up you are suggesting. Nature of the beast.
Unless you put the RV on blocks,  it's going to move around a bit. You can minimize it with the stabilizers. But if moving on in a short period of time, it's just something to get used to.

agreed other option is a 6 point Hydraulic leveling system but that gets expensive as an after market add on and even then there is still i little movement but it helps as there are 2 extra contact points with the ground

HueyPilotVN said:
There is another option but it is a little impractical unless you are going to be at one location for an extended length of time.

A smaller version of these stabilizers under your slideouts would help control movement of the fifth wheel.

NO! DO NOT put a stabilizer under the slide. If the rest of the sri settles a little, there can be serious damage to the slide, that will not be cvered under any warranty.

I wouldn't do that.  I am thinking about getting something like a couple of cheap screw jacks to put under the frame next to the axles.

Sorry,  I was giving you the industrial size solution for our units.

When we are doing surgery, especially eye surgery we need to have no vibration in the unit

This thread reminds me... I need to make a set of "stabilizers".

Two 2x4s with notches on top and half round bottoms, slight notch half way down for a cargo strap to pull them together.

One board under each channel of the frame, snug with the strap, and the rear of my class C should be quite solid.

HueyPilotVN said:

Just remember Bill, payback is hell.  ;D

I use one these systems on my 38' fifth wheel and it works great for stabilizing it.  Can get it fully stabilized in about 45 seconds.

Did you make it all the way home?  I took that picture while standing next to Lucile. Told here I was going to put you on the Internet.
I enjoyed the visit.

I found out that our TT doesn't wiggle at all, not even a little, as long as we're sitting still and not moving around :D

grashley said:
I believe Rene uses the Steady Fast stabilizers.  I suspect the link did not get into the post.

OOPS, sorry and thanks. Here is the link:

http://www.steadyfast.com/?gclid=CO-o1NCRgswCFUpahgodtdQApQ

HueyPilotVN said:
Did you make it all the way home?  I took that picture while standing next to Lucile. Told here I was going to put you on the Internet.
I enjoyed the visit.

Yes we did Bill. Arrived yesterday afternoon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaySmith
Back
Top Bottom