Jack alarm issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawpics

The jacks down light was staying on and the alarm was sounding when we put into drive when the jacks were fully retracted. The alarm would stop when we hit a bump but come back on at the next bump, so we added the specified fluid.  Not only is the alarm still going off, but now the auto feature is not working as it was working perfectly before. The waiting light just continues to blink with no action. The pump is fine because we can level manually and retract. Is there possibly a reset procedure we need to do?  Not able to get much help from manuals. Help?

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

What jacks are these?  A friend of mine had the same issue with HWH and turned out to be a ground wire on a painted surface so no effective ground.

It is the PowerLevel hydraulic leveling system. That is definitely something we will check out. Thank you so much for the suggestion. I'll let you know what we find.

First I'd try unscrewing the control panel and unhooking the wiring plug on the back for 10-15 sec in order to do a reset of the control panel.  After that I'd call Power Gear on the problem.

If you have a disconnect switch for your chassis battery, turn it off for a few minutes, then back on. If you don't have a switch, disconnect the ground cable from the chassis battery for a few minutes, and reconnect it. This has worked for me the few times my PowerGear jacks have misbehaved.

Make sure the jacks are actually all the way up! A common problem that can be cured by forcing the pads up with a 2 x 4.

Ernie

I am going to answer my own question since I was able to fix the problem completely yesterday!!!!  We had added transmission fluid to the hydraulic system, but obviously now, it was not enough to form a vacuum so that the sensor would tell the computer that the tank was full. Make sure when you add fluid to the hydraulic tank, you fill to the very top, some is going to come out when you put the top back on so have something underneath so not to make a mess on your driveway. :)) Everything is just fine now!! Over the phone the repairman said it sounded like I needed a new controller, therefore a new computer! Shewww! Dodged that one!!!

Back
Top Bottom