Jack Antenna or Wineguard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pike227

Looks like I have to replace my Wineguard antenna as the plastic bracket on the antenna unit itself is cracked where it attaches to the two square aluminum support arms.  (Very cheap design).  I could just replace the antenna unit or another option is to convert from a Windguard to a "Jack" antenna.  Supposedly the Jacks head will attach directly to the Wineguard support arms with an aluminum mounting bracket.  Does anyone have any opinions on the reception of the Jacks versus the Wineguard or has anyone ever made such a conversion?  As I said, I could simply buy a new Wineguard head but in my opinion the design of the plastic attachment bracket is destine for repeated failure.  Any opinions out there?

Sensitivity of the Jack antenna is pretty close to the Winegard batwing. The Jack has the added advantage of the signal meter inside the coach to aid aiming the antenna.
If you are really lazy and forgetful like I am you will appreciate not having to raise and lower the Jack antenna.
If you search on this forum for Jack antenna you will find other posts with pros and cons, including one with actual signal quality analysis with a spectrum analyzer.
Like Bruce said use search button on top of site.
Bob

Click on the "Search" tab on the menu line of the forum page you are on and do a search for "jack antenna". You will find a plethora of info that should answer your question.

We did just what you are describing.  We replaced just the head of our Wineguard with a Jack.  Much better reception, same price, much more omnidirectional.  Prefer the Jack.

COMer said:
We did just what you are describing.  We replaced just the head of our Wineguard with a Jack.  Much better reception, same price, much more omnidirectional.  Prefer the Jack.
I wouldn't replace just the head. You lose the Jack advantages. You might as well just replace the Winegard head and broken part.
IMHO
Bob

Back
Top Bottom