Jayco owners: any luck finding a hitch lock that fits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MLCBFarrell

We're hoping that somebody can help us find a hitch lock that will fit our new 2008 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS. The tongue looks different than our old TT, it has a sort of rolled lip thing and the little latch (for lack of a better term) sits very low. Because of the way the latch fits into place (the one that lets you know the ball is engaged properly), our old lock won't fit through to lock it that way. And, we have not been able to find any lock that will fit into the area where our hitch ball would go so that we can lock it that way. We have bought/returned several different styles of locks. We will be leaving the trailer on site all summer and just going over on weekends. Granted, we've never heard of anybody actually stealing a travel trailer, but hubby has always had some sort of lock to prevent somebody from just hitching to it and hauling it off. He would feel much better if he had some sort of lock on it. We have tried a few different pin type locks that go through the latch and we've bought 2 different coupler style locks, and none fit. Sorry, I don't know the technical terms for the different areas or parts of a trailer's tongue and hitch, so I hope you can understand my question/dilemma!
Have any Jayco owners (or other brand owners) had success in locating a lock, any kind of lock, that they use? Since we've never paid attention, I don't know if all Jayco's have this style hitch, or if it's particular to the G2's. But, it definitely looks different than what we've dealt with in the past and it sure has us stumped! Thanks for any help you can give!

LuAnn

Granted, we've never heard of anybody actually stealing a travel trailer, but hubby has always had some sort of lock to prevent somebody from just hitching to it and hauling it off.

Neither have I.  I have not used a coupler lock in some 10 years even tho I have one.  I suspect trailer locks are a lot more called for with boat trailers than travel trailers.  How would a thief convert a trailer into cash?  Cars and even boats can be stripped for parts, but a trailer....?!

I have a 2008 Jayco 314 BHDS Eagle and your right the hitch does look odd.  I found a coupler lock at a CarQuest Automotive Store that's made by Yale, slipped right in, turn the key to clamp the two pieces together it's a little tricky at times to get the key out but with a little turning right or left it will release the key. It's brass plated but strong so don't lose the key they are extremely hard to get off even for a locksmith, experienced that. I believe I have seen them at Wal-Mart but not real sure so don't hold me to that. Yes, I am sure this day and time some people would try to get cash anyway they can that's why I lock down everything!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom