judway's health

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wayne,

Hope all went well today. Haven't been on the forum for a day so I just saw your message. Our thoughts are always with you!

Pat heard from Judy today. Wayne is not home yet as his hemoglobin is down but the operation went well. She said he might be home today but I don't think that happened. At least he seems to be on the way to full recovery.

Thanks for the report Jim. Hopefully, Wayne will be home soon.

I had the ileostomy take down operation Monday April 5 at about 2:00 PM. The operation went very well but things haven't  gone very well with my medicine and blood chemistry for several days. Everything seemed to either too low or two high. My diabetes was and still is a lot of trouble. I think they got tired of fooling with me and sent me home.

I got home yesterday April 11 about 4:30 PM. Everything seems to be improving since. I am still very weak but can get up to go to the bathroom quickly. From the bad stories of what might happen with the diarrhea and all I haven't developed any so far. I got some diapers which are essentially the pull ups used for kid training. Haven't needed the feature yet but the good feeling that I am well covered in case of an accident reduces the anxiety.

Need to see my primary doctor tomorrow and make sure my diet and medicine schedule is correct and then my surgeon Wednesday. I assume it will be to remove the rest of the sutures and hopefully I can then get in the shower. If they don't find some new problems I SHOULD BE WELL ON TO MY FULL RECOVERY

Jim since you will be around longer than previously expected I would like to get together with you and Pat for a hotdog at Dogs-R-Us. Date and time to be set later.

Thanks again for all of your good thoughts and prayers.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Really great to see you back on the forum. Glad you are now on the road to full recovery. Recovery at home is much better than in a hospital.

Would love to meet you at Dogs once we're both able to do so. Will keep in touch.

Thanks to all.

My visit to the primary doctor helped, but I did not get all my questions asked and answered before he disappeared. Got enough to work the internet for answers. Seems the diabetes is the main problem left.

Wayne

Since everyone's metabolism is different, get a good handle on what every thing you eat and drink does to you.

I did two years of 4-6x's per day taking blood tests. This allowed me to make my own plan designed just for my bodies use of different fuel sources. Evey week one learns more about our unique and complex body systems.

Sounds like great news, Wayne!  Don't over-exert yourself -- just aim for slow & steady progress.

It has been about a month since I reported on my medical condition so thought I had better check in. I am getting better every day, even drive once in a while.

Shortly after I got home from the hospital the last time I had edema which caused me to have about 10 pounds of extra water in my body. A couple of water pills each day has pretty much fixed that problem, but left me with a case of urinary incontinence. Hope it will go away when all of the pills are gone.

I am now anemic and have a very low blood iron level, which makes me weak and have very little energy. I am now taking iron pills to fix that problem.

I am diabetic and now trying to get my diabetes under control. I can?t take the pills that worked before, because of the kidney shutdown in February, so I am now on insulin (Lantus) which I take at bedtime. It seems to be kinda working, but we haven?t reached the correct dose yet. Everything seems to go slow when I am dealing with medical people. I usually get one-way information through at least one extra person.

It seems like I get a new problem before the last one is fixed.

Last is the GOOD NEWS. When I was in the hospital my heart was continuously monitored. At that time I had no pain medication and every time I got out of bed the pain was so great that my heart gained or missed a beat or something. A heart doctor was assigned and I had an EKG and a sonogram which showed no problem, next he wanted me to take a chemical stress test. I took it last Monday and the results showed that my heart is in PERFECT SHAPE.

We are planning a camp-out at our FCRV rally at Bee's just north of Clermont over Memorial Day weekend.

Great news on the heart, Wayne!  Hopefully the other issues will even out and stabilize over time. 

Hope you and Judy have a great rally over Memorial Day!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
video7
Back
Top Bottom