Judy and I will be celebrating 40 years of marriage this October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife and I met in Jr High and at the tender age of 13 I asked her to go steady. We've together ever since.
I guess I should ask her to marry me  ;D ...j/k.  53 yrs Anniversary this Nov.

Reading about all the long time marriages here, it looks like RV'ing does a marriage well. With all the divorcing going on for the past couple of decades, it's refreshing to see marriages holding up well. :)

We just celebrated 56 years on March 31st.  One day before April Fools day so I always remember it.....lol  No 12 year old kid around anymore so sorry no pix but will try to put a new avatar photo up soon.

Bill

We will celebrate 41 years next month. Lots of long lasting marriages here. Congrats to all!

Vicki

Wow there are some really enduring lucky couples here. We are only at 28 years but are
still going strong. Hope to achieve some of the milestones you good folks have reached.

butchiiii said:
Wow there are some really enduring lucky couples here. We are only at 28 years but are
still going strong. Hope to achieve some of the milestones you good folks have reached.

You're still on your honeymoon.  ;D

Its interesting you bring up honeymoons,,we have never had one!. Came out of the church to a three day blizzard in Grand Forks, North Dakota with snow so thick we could not see..Went as far as the best motel in town to spend the night,,next morning went to our pre-planed furnished apartment and moved in,,,,,,55 years ago Dec.26 (yea,, day after Christmas).>>>Dan

We will hit 56 year this July.  Yesterday I was wearing a shirt that my wife made for me last year.  I got a compliment on it and I told them that my wife, who was with me, had made the shirt.  They found that hard to believe.  She really does a custom job!! It is a designer pattern.  When I told them that she had been making shirts for me since I was 16 years old, they really didn't believe me.  It's true.  Last year we were up in the Amish country of PA and I picked out some great material.  Now there are three more shirts in the making.  I don't know why she has all of them in work at the same time...but the last thing I'm going to do is complain.............

We'll celebrate our 56th anniversary on Dec. 1st.  It's been quite a ride and neither of us would change it for anything!  It's amazing that two people from different parts of the country and from different backgrounds found one another and made it permanent!  I'm lucky to have found someone who supported me in doing things I might not otherwise have done.  And, of course, I've returned the favor by helping Jerry in his endeavors.  We've been a good team together!  As to RVing, we have to be best friends, able to have fun together, and able to laugh - or we wouldn't survive long in an RV!!  But I see we're not the longest married.  Congratulations to you other couples with long marriages.

Here are two photos taken 50 years apart, on Dec. 1, 1962 and Dec. 1, 2012.

ArdraF

Attachments

• Toasting the new Mr. & Mrs. John M. FitzGerald.jpg
    Toasting the new Mr. & Mrs. John M. FitzGerald.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Wedding Vows Renewed 50 Years Later (Medium).jpg
    Wedding Vows Renewed 50 Years Later (Medium).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 46
Here are two photos taken 50 years apart, on Dec. 1, 1962 and Dec. 1, 2012.

ArdraF

Awesome pictures Ardra!

We just celebrated 32 years on February 15th.  Guess we are doing something right since we didn't kill each other last year during our 14,000 mile trip to Alaska and back to Florida. Very different spending all of that time together than how it was when we both worked full time and raised 2 boys.

Thanks to an excellent job by a heart surgeon in Little Rock last week, my wife and I will celebrate our 40th in Dec.  42 together in Jan.

Wow, I am so amazed at how long you guys have all been married for, some longer than I have been alive!! That is worth celebrating.  :-*

jackiemac said:
Wow, I am so amazed at how long you guys have all been married for, some longer than I have been alive!! That is worth celebrating.  :-*

And you're only 22 Huh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom