July run into Canada?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brujomar

SouthWest US or MX beach condo when not rv'in
Another summer run being planned right now....will be in Boise, Id for a June wedding, then thinking about running up into Canada..haven't been there in 20 years...thinking of going back to Banff/Jasper area for late June/early July then down to Yellowstone/Tetons... for mid July then off to Wisconsin for an early August high school reunion...then back to Vegas by third week in Aug. for another school year start.

Since I haven't done Canada for so long and now have a 38' fiver which I didn't have then....how about some feedback on Banff/Jasper places to park the rig.....prefer electric 30-50 amp if I could, but have full solar/inverter capability and generators if need be...Would love to settle in for several  weeks for sure....so if anyone has recent experience with scenic/safe campground/rv park locations in those areas that can handle my size rig. Mountain driving is not a problem.

Thank you!

You and all your passengers will now need a passport to get back into the USA.  Canada might let you in with just a drivers license but they'll warn you you will have trouble getting back home.    Note that while passports are a PITA in the USA they are good for ten years.

Hi there,

We stayed in Whistlers campground in Jasper last August, and our rig is only 30 ft, so I'm not sure about your 38 (and you probably have a toad).  I know some provincial park campgrounds won't take anything that long, but Banff and Jasper are National Parks, not provincial, so the regulations are probably different.  Whistlers was quite roomy from what I remember, so you would probably be fine.  It was quite nice, but not cheap compared to anywhere we've stayed in the States.  Close to town, but not too close, and not as busy as I thought it would be!  Keep in mind you will have to pay for a park pass as well as the nightly rental.  And as far as 30/50, I think I've only seen 30.  The Parks Canada website should help you out a lot.  We haven't stayed in Banff for years, so I've got no advice there, but I believe it is generally busier, being so much closer to Calgary.

Janina

When we visited Banff/Jasper last year we parked our 34 foot 5er in a campground in Canmore, just west of Banff. While there were bigger spots than ours, it was okay especially with the mountain views in the morning. Just spectacular. Campground had full hookups and wifi.

Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom