Jumping in with both feet! 1984 Southwind Eagle Makeover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emoney

Little "Before & After" photo fun.  The project list is still long, but we're chipping away at.  The subject, btw, is a 1984 Southwind Eagle 1.
Wish me luck!

Attachments

• CIMG7009.JPG
    CIMG7009.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 144
  • finalpaint3.JPG
    finalpaint3.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 124
  • finalpaint2.JPG
    finalpaint2.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 120
  • faucetkitchen3.JPG
    faucetkitchen3.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 122
More "now" pics;

Attachments

• faucetkitchen2.JPG
    faucetkitchen2.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 67
  • finalpaint6.JPG
    finalpaint6.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 87
  • paint3.JPG
    paint3.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 74
  • finalpaint4.JPG
    finalpaint4.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 83
Thanks a ton, Steve.  There's still lots to do on the list, for example;
-Cut out for and install new bathroom sink w/new fixtures
-New shower fixtures & head
-Replace carpet under toilet with vinyl strips
-New toilet
-Install 2 small LED TVs
-Finish the paint, to include the walls

And that's only the "inside" list, LOL.  I got lucky and picked up all the plumbing fixtures to include the toilet and sink from a Craigslist seller.  The guy had them for over 2 years in his garage and never installed them.  For $80.00 I was very happy.  The pull-out kitchen faucet is from Home Depot.  It's sold as a "Laundry Room Sink" faucet but it fit perfectly.  The jury is still out on changing out the look of the counter tops.  We'll see I suppose.

I learned something this past week(s):  there are a LOT of cabinets in a small motorhome!  Or at least, the number of cabinets that need painted seemed to grow based on how old I've gotten. 

It is amazing how much stuff is really inside one of these things. I got mine and decided I was gonna go wipe down all the walls and cabinets. Told my wife I would be right back. Three hours later she came out and asked if I was coming to bed. Hummm.

Anyway, You are doing some beautiful work there!

Steve

It is shaping up very nicely!  You are doing a great job.  We are out enjoying our remodeled rv now!  We had a little set back with a leak that has taken up all of today but nothing major enough to ruin the enjoyment of our new to us "road house'!  I'll be keeping an eye on your progress!  Good luck!

Thanks oodles  Steve & Cheryl.  It's a labor of love I figure.  I built a new "center-console-cupholder", but those pictures are on my laptop at home so I'll have to wait to post them.  I actually build (just for myself) electric guitars so I had some Mahogany laying around and figured "why not".  So, I did do something this week, lol.  Turning cold again down here as we speak, so there may not be a lot of painting done this weekend.  I knew weather could be a factor when I started, so it is what it is.

The "custom" console/cupholder; ;)

Attachments

• th_console1_zps139beeb2.jpg
    th_console1_zps139beeb2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 62
  • th_console3_zps4eae2daa.jpg
    th_console3_zps4eae2daa.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members