Just got my first RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RANGERZ21

Just bought a 2004 Coachmen Leprechaun 317KS class C motor home. I have RV'd a few time in the past in my Dads OLD class A and had a blast. Came across  what I felt was a good deal and got it. Can't wait to hit the road with the wife and kids. I'll take any advice good or bad. I live just east of Nashville so I have lots of places to go for weekend trips.

Congrats on the purchase!! :)  Come on Summer!!!

At least you have some experience, just a newbie here.  We just closed on a Fleetwood Storm 35.

I'll be the first to chime in, CHECK THE TIRE DATE CODES, before you get out on the road, they may look like they are brand spanking new , but if they are over 7 years old be really careful.

You are right. It needs a round of tires. They are like new but dry rotted. It has Mich on it now. I am guessing that is the best tire to run. I will have to replace them before they wear out again in 7 more years so I am going to look at all my options. Any input on this would be great.
P.S. Whats wrong with camping in the winter...... As soon as I get tires on this baby I'm headed to a nearby campsite for the weekend.

The only problem with camping in the winter is if you expose a class C to freezing temperatures the water pipes will freeze and burst causing some major problems. I live in mine full time and it is certainly winter here in Quartzsite Arizona but it doesn't get down to freezing and I am in a class A so there is no problem. In the winter I head south. In the summer I head north. I am Seilerbird the Snowbird.

Michelin tires are certainly well regarded but they seem to have a reputation for early sidewall cracking. I just replaced a set of Michelins that were from 2007 with like new tread but cracking. It is tough to bite the bullet but safety has to come first. Try a search on tires and you will see a lot of posts.

I ended up with a set of Goodrides. We use them alot on our used cars and have had good luck with them. Time will tell how they work my MH.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom