Keystone Zeppelin questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missinglink

I'm looking to buy a travel trailer.  I've settled on either an outback or the Zeppelin from Keystone.  I found a 2005 29 foot zeppelin and a 2005 26 foot that fit my budget and my wife's requirements.

What can you tell me about the Zeppelin model in general?

Also, since this is my first travel trailer, is there a brake controller that is considered to be the best?  What about the anti-sway hitches, is one better than the other?

Thanks

Linc

I found a 2005 29 foot zeppelin and a 2005 26 foot that fit my budget and my wife's requirements. What can you tell me about the Zeppelin model in general?

The very first question to be answered about any trailer is can your truck pull it?    What is your tow vehicle:  year, model, engine, and rearend ratio?  4wd?  What is the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of the trailer?

What about the anti-sway hitches, is one better than the other?

General opinion is that the best unit is the Hensley Arrow -- however the price tag is about $3K.  However, its ease of use and effectiveness makes up for the price.    I like and use the Reese Dual Cam unit -- price tag about $800 -- also a very effective unit.  The Equal-i-zer for about the same bucks has a decent reputation also.  I do not think too much of the friction bar units.    All of these need to be properly fitted by following the mfr instructions to the letter.

Thanks, weight with these trailers isn't a concern, I'm well below my towing capacities.  Just looking for owner feedback on the Zeppelin line of campers

is there a brake controller that is considered to be the best?

The Tekonsha Prodigy is about as good as it gets and no more expensive than any other good brand.

The Keystone Zeppelin has gotten good marks from the owners who have reported here. Outbacks too. Keystone is a pretty good manufacturer.

As for the rest, it's what Carl says.

The wife and I got ourselves a new Zep for Christmas. It's a Z290 and our first TT. So far we've spent about 30 nights in it without any major troubles. It tows great behind our 99 Expedition (we have the full trailering package on the Expy) but it does cut us to about 10 mpg at 60 MPH. I guess that most of the trailers in this price range have the same small problems. We've had a few of the windows leak and fixed them by resealing. We've added a few mods to help with storage and lighting, and we have more planned. The basic unit seems fine though. What really sold us was the bathroom. I'm somewhat disabled and this one has a full width, rear bath with shower, no tub. There's plenty of room in there. It has one long slide for the couch and dinette and we've had no troubles or leaks with it. When we travel we go with 2 Golden retrievers and they seem to like it compared to the motels we used to stay in. Only took them a couple of nights to stake their claim and get used to it.  Most of our RV friends are amazed by the room we have, and all the old guys are envious of the legroom in the throne.
Hope you enjoy yours as much as we are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom