King Pin stabilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Browning42

I just upgraded to a 2016 Keystone Alpine 3011RE. What is everyone's opinion on a stabilizer for their king pin? Is it really needed or just a personal preference thing?

In mine while just having the landing gear down it hardly moved. I can imagine it would only be better with the full stab system down. I agree that it is a lot of useless weight and room stealing. Guess you guys just talked me out of getting one. Thanks.

i have a 6 point hydraulic leveling system works great choke the tires and im gold - if i am staying for more than 3-4 days i will use choke - x

https://www.amazon.ca/BAL-28012-X-Chock-Locking-Chock/dp/B002XLHUQG

but only if i am staying for a longer period but i dont find the coach moves much without them even

I had one and sold it. It worked good, but it was something else to store and it was heavy. It was a 2 legged style. I ended up installing a Steady Fast stabilizing system and I love it. It takes me all of about 45 seconds to stabilize my 5vr after the jacks are down.

I've been using one for years and wouldn't be without it.  I've camped in some winds that have exceeded 65 mph (my anemometer tends to push over above that) and I've also seen a rig without support get knocked off the landing gear up at Snowbird Overlook Mesa outside of Overton Nevada.

I don't really mind the extra couple of minutes to install it and it doesn't take up much room in the back of the truck.  Some folks like 'em and as you can see others don't.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom