Kitchen sink fell into the base cabinet.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN Blue Skies

Site Team
The double kitchen sink in our 2021 Jayco Eagle 321 RSTS 5th wheel fell into the base cabinet.
eek.gif
1zhelp.gif

The wood piece that was holding the sink was only glued in. There's nothing to screw the loose wood piece to.

We're trying to locate a dealer that might be able to re-glue the piece. We'll be on the road for the next 2 months. Our longest scheduled stop at any one place will be 2 full days.

If we end up doing it ourselves what's the strongest glue we should use? Any other suggestions?

TIA

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with construction adhesive, a little slow to dry, cheap and strong once dried. Can you post a picture of your dilemma, it would certainly help giving advise.

You can't just stuff a bunch of dirty clothes and empty beer cans in the cabinet to hold it up?

If they're relying on a couple glue joints to hold it in, then it seems some reengineering is in order anyway. Likely some simple framing or braces using actual fasteners and backed up by adhesive in a few places will check the box permanently. Box store materials and "spare time" I'd bet will take care of it.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Marinetex Epoxy Putty or 3M 5200 will certainly hold it in place; you must hold or clamp the joint together until cured.

Sounds like you really need to install some sort of framing or supports.

I agree that pictures might help but if it was glued then that should work again, but I'd make sure to remove the surface of the original glue first and roughen things up with a course sandpaper. It should also be clamped in place with the glue sets. I would use either Liquid Nail or Gorilla Wood glue.

They do make clips that epoxy to the countertop underneath.

You'll want to use 100% silicone, such as GE that is non-toxic and mold free and remains flexible. Do not use construction adhesive for the seal between the sink and countertop.

Watch this... -->> Click Here! <<--

I agree that pictures might help but if it was glued then that should work again, but I'd make sure to remove the surface of the original glue first and roughen things up with a course sandpaper. It should also be clamped in place with the glue sets. I would use either Liquid Nail or Gorilla Wood glue.
I think OP will be happier with 100% silicon - that's what I've always used without issue, mold or customer call-back.

You can use construction adhesive to secure surface-mount clips to the underside of the countertop - but even then, I'd go with epoxy for keeping those secure. Once caution with construction adhesive/liquid nails is that it can stain natural stone - not sure about corian-type material.

They do make clips that epoxy to the countertop underneath.

You'll want to use 100% silicone, such as GE that is non-toxic and mold free and remains flexible. Do not use construction adhesive for the seal between the sink and countertop.

Watch this... -->> Click Here! <<--
When I started watching, I thought he was going to permanently suspend support the sink on the threaded rod down to the floor of the cabinet :unsure:

Last edited:
Personally I would not bring it to a dealer as they will likely "repair" it with the same sloppy inadequate method. If under warranty I would find a competent mobile repair tech approved by Jayco or repair yourself.

Find a counter-top installer and ask for the advice. They do this for a living and will know the proper adhesive for the materials involved, heck, I am sure they would do it for you in a lot less time.
Good luck

No mobile tech is going to be able to do that job. Try a kitchen and bath outfit or countertop installer. They can bond the sink to the countertop and it will be there for good.

I'm thinking something like Gorilla glue I'd get a board perhaps a bucket and a jack
Glue support ring to counter lay board under it bucket on board and jack, perhaps with second board. under bucket to create GENTLE pressure. Let sit over night drop sink back into ring and clamp.

Note any glue. Same suggestion re gentle upward pressure.

No mobile tech is going to be able to do that job. Try a kitchen and bath outfit or countertop installer. They can bond the sink to the countertop and it will be there for good.
You might be surprised, I have come across a couple talented, knowledgable RV mobile techs in my years of RV'ing. While I agree a countertop installer would be a good option, it is not uncommon to run into residential installers, repair techs etc. who will not work in RV's.

The double kitchen sink in our 2021 Jayco Eagle 321 RSTS 5th wheel fell into the base cabinet.
eek.gif
1zhelp.gif

The wood piece that was holding the sink was only glued in. There's nothing to screw the loose wood piece to.

We're trying to locate a dealer than might be able to re-glue the piece. We'll be on the road for the next 2 months. Our longest scheduled stop at any one place will be 2 full days.

If we end up doing it ourselves what's the strongest glue we should use? Any other suggestions?

TIA
Liquid Nails construction adhesive.

Last edited:
You can't just stuff a bunch of dirty clothes and empty beer cans in the cabinet to hold it up?

If they're relying on a couple glue joints to hold it in, then it seems some reengineering is in order anyway. Likely some simple framing or braces using actual fasteners and backed up by adhesive in a few places will check the box permanently. Box store materials and "spare time" I'd bet will take care of it.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
I agree with you but maybe we have to settle for a temporary fix until we get back home?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom