KOA Appreciation Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We stay in enough KOA's each year that the accumulated VKR points pay for our annual membership plus usually a free night or two. And then there's the 10% discount on the rates that comes with the membership as well. Like all other RV parks, we rate them as "Very Good", "Good", "Overnight Only", and "Never again". In every category, the KOA's have plenty of company from non-KOA private parks and state/municipal park visits. And off hand, I don't remember ever staying at a KOA that was close to a railroad track... :)

We actually made a reservation yesterday for the KOA at Lava Hot Springs in Idaho. We will stay there this weekend after leaving Grand Teton. It is going to snow in GTNP, so a hot spring sounds pretty good. I figure it will be crowded and full of kids, but the price is right. It is also on the way home so quite handy.

prnebs said:
Gene, which KOA did you stay in?  There are 3 around here and I'm not sure which one to recommend. Thanks!
We stayed at The Fort Collins KOA Lakeside. It's the closest one to the city. You can ride your bike on The Poudre Trail (about 3 miles) to the city. Ft. Collins is very bicycle friendly.

Back
Top Bottom