Kwikee Step Motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hammer1

My Winnebago Vista step motor has failed & I need a replacement. I've found there are auto window motors at less than 1/2 the price of the Kwikee motor, however, I cannot locate one that fits my application. I have the Revolution Series steps & the part #1010002326 is the replacement motor for my steps, if my research is accurate. Photo attached. I've tried the Dorman part # 742-251 & it's a perfect fit except the shaft on the gear cog, it's about an 1/8" or so too short. (BTW, the Dorman was $42.99 at Auto Zone & $63.00 at Advance Auto Parts.) If anyone knows of an auto part # replacement, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, has anyone ever trimmed the bushing down to accommodate the Dorman part #. It appeared that if I trimmed the bushings, the unit would be to close to the step. Thanking anyone & everyone in advance. I've found so many answers here in the past that have been so very helpful.

Attachments

• Motor.jpg
    Motor.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 31
Thanks much, great idea but sadly the gear box was shot... Had hoped the Dorman would work as it carried a Lifetime warranty. Thanks so much for your reply.

Interesting post. When something is this much work, I would just go with original replacement parts.

You know how to temporarily get the step down by disconnecting the step from the motor, and then to hold the step up with plastic ties when you move...until you have access to original parts?

Thanks RodgerS, I had changed out the assy. with the Dorman, Only to note the shortness of the gear shaft. Should have noted that before changing out, but that's how we learn I guess. Wasn't to difficult, about 20 mins. Your reply is greatly appreciated & yep, tying them up & a small ladder for my bride. Thanks again.

What's shot in the gear box? Chunks of plastic? Those are available from Dorman. Window regulator gear plugs.

Bill

Dorman makes a zillion window motors - they supply most of the car makers. The hard part is figuring out which one fits the Kwikee. Dorman has a parts catalog online - maybe you can figure the right one using that?

I found another discussion where it was suggested that the ACI  83694 motor fits, but have no idea if that is accurate.  It is available on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/ACI-83694-Power-Window-Motor/dp/B000BZAHXE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434896802&sr=8-1&keywords=ACI+83694

This is some info I have collected over the years from various threads for Kwikee steps. Maybe there is some info that will help.

Trouble shooting chart  HERE

There is a trouble shooting guide HERE

If you need sources for motors or parts check the following:

Motor 

PARTS 1

PARTS 2

PARTS 3

2) Replacement step motor at AutoZone. It's a Siemens "Window Lift Motor", part number WL43003.

3) Autozone. The brand is "Siemens"
The ID tag lists the following numbers:
59720-20
4) A 1986-1995 Ford Taurus left front window lift motor matched my motor. NAPA part # BK655-1395 $63.99 I ordered my motor from Auto-Zone Manufactured by Dorman part# 742-206. This has a lifetime Warranty and was $49.99.  "

Also these guys rebuild the older unencapsulated circuit boards: HERE

New info in 2012
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Aci-Auto-Window-Lift-Motor/1995-Ford-F150-1-2-ton-P-U-2WD/_/N-j1z7uZ8ijybZ1z10l3u?itemIdentifier=972601_315519_1264_1356%2C78656

Aci Auto/Window Lift Motor

For your 1995 Ford Truck F150 1/2 ton P/U 2WD 5.0L EFI 8cyl
Enlarge Image
Part Number: 83094

On disasembly of the motor I found the plastic plugs severly lopsided due to all the years of strain, new plugs cost $8.00 at Autozone or Amazon, other than that the Autozone Ford Mark VI would have worked $ $44, but I saved myself $38
Just rplaced my 25 series Kwikee step motor with a Dorman 742-277 window lift motor for a 1986 Ford Taurus driver side window lift motor. They said the Taurus had a high torqe motor which is why the number ends with 277 meaning high torqe. My steps zip in and out with this motor application. It was a special order item but only took one day for them to get it to my local AutoZone store. I also noticed AutoZone had rebuild kits for Dorman window lift gear boxes (plastic gears) in the Help section of the store.

When I took the gear box apart, parts fell everywhere Bill. After that happened, I placed a blanket under my work area, but have no idea whether I found all the parts or not. So on a hunt for a replacement. Thanks for the info.

I had an ACI part # 83094 Gary, but the shaft was also too  short. I'll go to the parts store tomorrow & check out the 83694. Fingers crossed. Will let everyone know when I find a replacement & the part #. May wind up with the one from Winnebago World, but sure don't like laying out that kind of cash for something that's made so poorly. Thanks ever so much for your input.

Since you need both gear box and motor, a replacement kit doesn't sound like such a bad idea.  The kit price is probably not a whole lot more than separate pieces.

Maybe this one?  http://tweetys.com/revolution-step-motor-kit.aspx

Thanks to everyone that offered assistance in this matter. After going to parts store after parts store & aggravating some of the counter people out of their minds(not really), I opted to order from Winnebago World & be finished with this issue. Some what disappointing they only offer a 90 day warranty from the invoice date. Oh well, in many cases we are a captured audience. Again my many thanks, I will continue to look for a replacement for future reference &  will post here when I find one.

Back
Top Bottom