Land Between the Lake (KY) Camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrwpmw

Any recommendations for a good camp ground in the LBL/KY Lake area?
If you have a site number recommendation, that would be really appreciated!

I need 30amp only - water and FH optional.
I would like lake front.
I have my family, so a swimming beach and some activities in the area would be nice.
Above all, I would like a little elbow room.  I want to avoid a high traffic, over populated, crowned campground if at all possible.

Has anybody heard of Eureka Campground?  Any opinions on it?  Thanks!

Hello,

We camp at Piney a couple of times a year and have for over 10 years so I know it pretty well.  There is only one loop with full hook ups and sewer, the Dogwood and the primo sites for that loop are 19, 23, 24.  There are other non full hook up sites on the Dogwood as well that are right on the lake, 44,45, 47, 49, 50,& 51.  The rest of the campground has electric only with occasional water spigots around.  You can get reservations for the Chestnut loop and the best sites on that one are, 21,22,23.  The Black Oak loop has the most water front sites of all the loops and there are some excellent sites there as well as the closest access to the beach area.  Good sites, 10,11,14,15,16,22,23,24,26,28,37,38,41,42,44 and 45.  Whew! ;D  Here is a map: Piney CG Map  also we have a Picasa album with a dozen or so pictures.  We always camp in October and these were taken for the Halloween weekend; Picasa Piney Pictures.
This is a large campground but they don't pile you right on top of your neighbor and it has a open relaxed feel.  There are a lot of kids and kid activities with students from Murry State leading a Rec program.  Its great for biking and there is a 4-5 mile bike loop with access in the campground.  The campground is secure with a gate and access only through one entrance.
That said, I understand Hillman Ferry CG is also very nice and Energy lake is nice but more primitive than either Piney or Hillman Ferry.
Hope this helps, feel free to contact me with any further questions.
Happy Trails.

Now you know what your neighbor has to endure when your security light is on and they're trying to sleep.

BruceinFL said:
Now you know what your neighbor has to endure when your security light is on and they're trying to sleep.
I'm not sure I understand this comment.  I never keep my security light on when I am trying to sleep.  I'm just trying to be helpful to the guy who made the origional post.  What are you saying?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom