Las Vegas NV to Phoenix, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RREngr

I am going from Las Vegas, NV to Phoenix, AZ in January and would like to know if US 93 would be an good route to take for the MH .

Rich

RREngr said:
I am going from Las Vegas, NV to Phoenix, AZ in January and would like to know if US 93 would be an good route to take for the MH .

Short answer is yes.

You can go over the dam or go to Laughlin and then to Kingman.  Both routes are good.  The dam is shorter but, sometimes the tourist traffic slows you down making the Laughlin route a little faster.

Kingman to Phoenix is very nice with all the road improvements that have been completed.

PhilB

We have travels both over the dam and though Laughlin and I normally prefer over the dam since it is shorter.  You do have to stop for inspection but that has never been a problem or taken but just a few minutes.

The inspection going over the dam is nothing. They may look in your outside compartments or under your bed or in your refrigerator. I think a lot depends on how you look. The traffic, however, can be horrendous. Timing is everything. Stay away from weekends. Watch out for sports events (longest traffic jam we ever hit was after a Colorado-Oregon college bowl game held in Phoenix). Middle of the night is usually a good time to hit the dam. Otherwise, US-93 is a great route from LV to Phoenix.

Enjoy
Wendy
Pahrump NV

also be aware of the speed cameras in Arizona, they have been cracking down
on people exceeding the speed limit.

ava said:
also be aware of the speed cameras in Arizona, they have been cracking down
on people exceeding the speed limit.

That is a good thing.  Hope they are cracking down on the red light runners too.

RREngr said:
Yes John, I will be at QZ after my visit in Phoenix. Now I just have to find some place to park in Phoenix.

Rich & Kay

There is no shortage of campgrounds in the Phoenix area. :D There are many, large snowbird CGs in the east Valley (Mesa, Tempe, Apache Junction) and a couple of very nice ones in the West Valley (El Mirage, Goodyear, Surprise), Give us an idea of what and where you are looking and we might have a few suggestions for you.

I am just going to stay a 2 or 3 days before I head out for QZ. I would like to have full hook-ups so I will be ready for QZ.

Rich

Cotton Lane RV & Resort, Buckeye, AZ, is on the west side of Phoenix right off I-10.  Convenient for your trip to QZ.

Back
Top Bottom