Lazy Daze quietly shuts down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou Schneider

Site Team
One of a kind long time Class C manufacturer Lazy Daze has quietly shut down. The 60+ year old family run company made high quality Class C motorhomes they sold factory direct from their Montclair, CA manufacturing facility. Production stopped during the pandemic but they stayed open for parts and service. Now the facility is shuttered, phones are disconnected and their Web presence is gone.

https://www.rvtravel.com/end-line-lazy-daze-kind-rv-builder-rvt-1062b/

Here's a peek at their Website from March 30, 2022 thanks to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. Click on the picture to enter the site, it includes all internal links.

Motorhome Dealer | Low Profile Motorhome | RV Manufacturer | Quality Motorhome

In the world of supply chain issues, covid issues , raising inflation and the big guys ever growing its hardly a suprise, but very very sad at the same time. My heart goes to families affected

This really is not too surprising their business had been going downhill for years, and it seems all they have done is keep building the exact same thing for the last 20+ years with no changes or inovation.

I'd kinda guess another Class C manufacturer like Lazy Daze isn't something the big names would be interested in buying out. They've all got Class C lines already, and they probably have better contracts (and better margins) for components like the chassis and major systems based on volume.

I grew up in Ontario just down the road from Montclair.

But to heck with lazy Daze - Klondike is discontinuing the Choco Taco! If you've never had one, they are awesome, get one before it's too late - LOL...

This really is not too surprising their business had been going downhill for years, and it seems all they have done is keep building the exact same thing for the last 20+ years with no changes or inovation.
The company had a 2 year waiting list. Your observation is incorrect.

Lazy Daze was one of the rare companies that began with an idea and then became a company but never did try to grow beyond the thing that made them a success. The company still belongs to the surviving one of the original partners and his son. They began selling RVs in 1958 and Ed's son Stephen is listed as the current CEO. BBB still gives them an A rating even though they have never joined. Since the company is now 64 years old, Ed must be well into his late 80's since he was a shop teacher before he started the company. It seems very probable that son Stephen is past the age of 60 and that makes me suspect that problems of getting the business going again in the current situation are just not worth the effort so both have chosen to retire. Pure speculation on my part, but it sounds like as good a theory as any that I have heard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom