Lazydays to perform our final Warranty work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UK-RV  Paul you have had one heck of a year, don't let the short comings of a few spoil your memories. You must have enjoyed the adventure as I see that you are plannig a return trip. Have you left the U.S.?  If not where are you located? I would love to sit down and drink a beer or to with you and yours to hear of your experiences on your great adventure.

George

Hi George

Thanks for the good wishes.

Believe me, there is nothing more I would like than to sit and have a beer or two with you (probably be 6 or 8 if the truth be told  ;D).

We are now nr Ft Lauderdale, where we are taking 3 cruises (totalling 26 nights) on our way back to the UK.

Yes - we have had a fantastic time in the US (and Canada).

We have seen a lot, and missed a lot whilst doing so, so we are assured a good tour when we return - and that's just redoing the bits we did this time.

Thankfully, Ann-Marie has kept a log of where we've been and we have around 3,000 photos in the albums to look back on. I struggle to remember what Ive had for breakfast, so the log and photos are vital.

When we return, I think we would like to explore Canada some more (rather than just travel the TC Highway). We didn't get chance to see Nova Scotia like we wished and we saw nothing really of West coast USA.

You have a beautiful Country - not just the big draws like the Grand Canyon or Statue of Liberty but so many small towns and villages we passed thru - perhaps spending just 1 night, but getting a "feel" for the places we stayed.

We can't wait to return !!

Paul and Ann-Marie

We'll be here waiting for you.  Enjoy your cruise back to the UK and hope you don't have any problems getting the RV into the country.

You will always be welcome back here.

Have a safe trip back and forth.

Plan on renting a unit when you return so you can go scout out the good deals on a slightly used Coach that is under priced.  We flew from Chicago to Phoenix to get our rig.

If your in IL drop a line or next winter we will be back in FL.

Take care.
Mike

UK-RV said:
Thankfully, Ann-Marie has kept a log of where we've been and we have around 3,000 photos in the albums to look back on.

Hopefully we'll get to see them one of these days Paul. You've had a great experience and many of us would like to see some of the highlights. I truly hope that either you or Anne Marie could/would post a log of your trip right here in the forum, if for no other reason than as a thanks to all the folks here who provided help, advice and good wishes along the way.

....we saw nothing really of West coast USA.

That was a shame. I recall telling you to slow down and smell the roses while you were out west, but you whisked right by and missed much of what there is to see. Hope you'll have more time next trip. We would love to see you both while you're here.

Don't forget my prior request to continue to check into the forum periodically; You both have a wealth of experience and knowledge you could share with others who wish to follow in your footsteps.

Have a great trip home. Make sure you can still find your passports before you hit land  ;D

Paul  I know I was a bit harsh on you at times but wish you the very best and when you return, please dohn't try to cram everywhere into  brief time period.  This is way too large a country to try to do that. I've been traveling it for nearly 50 years and haven't scratched the surface yet.  Probably never will get to see everything I want, because my days at 73 years is shortening and dimming more so each year.  Hope you get back and look us up.  Again  best to you and yours.

Hi Paul.

I've been following your posts ever since responding to one (as a fellow Brit) back in July 2005.

I was sorry to hear of all your trials and tribulations. The service rendered has been absolutely appalling.  :mad:

Having analysed the RV Consumer Group CD's, and having done my own Reece to "LazyWays" back in Sept 2005 I thought I might like a 34' Sea Breeze National RV.

Maybe it's the ex copper or County Court Clerk in me, but the hairs on the back of my neck were often raised as I walked around the "LW" complex (especially out the back). 

Returning home to Bristol, I was in two minds whether to buy from them or not. Your Feb 06 posts gave me the final answer.

I will buy from lazydays.  Oops sorry LAZYDAZE.

They seem to be one company which has an excellent reputation for their rigs,  and equally, for their after sales care.

If LazyDaze can garner this sort of reputation, there should be no reason why others cannot do so as well.

I would be interested to know how many potential customers "LW" have lost due to your posts. 1 here.

Please ask Dana if her job is still open, I'm fed up with being an Oracle DBA.. Too much stress.. I could do with a job where I can tell customers to  ........... ;D

I just hope you don't have trouble with red tape when you get home.  :p ;D At least the beer will be warm. ;D

Rgds

Cam.

Paul and Ann-Marie,

Have a safe trip back and enjoy those cruises - surely no one deserves them more than the two of you. Let someone else have those 'driving' headaches. Hopefully all your troubles are behind you now :) What am I thinking??? Your poor li'l coach hasn't had a taste of the London fog yet! ;D

Karl

Karl,

The coach won't see London fog until it's seen a lot of salt spray crossing the Atlantic. The fiberglass will be OK if it's been adequately protected, steel (the chassis and some components) will rust and aluminum (aka aluminium) doesn't like salt too much either. Hopefully Paul shrink-wrapped the coach to protect it from the perilous journey  ???

Wow.I just spent an hour reading this whole thread.Very interesting.I own a dealership for a manufacturer of large equipment.I am a small dealership.Just me.I sell,fix and stock parts.My customers even have my home number and some have used it.I am sorry that Paul has had this experience.I don't recall who said it earlier in this discussion, but it doesn't matter how much you have payed for the item.The dealership is RESPONCIBLE BY CONTRACT WITH THE MANUFACTURER to follow through.
This notion of "entry level" is pure H@$S%*%#T!!A man spends his hard earn money for a product whether it is 1 dollar or a million dollars he has every right as a consumer to EXPECT it to be functional and do what it was made to do.
Paul,when you come back to the USA  swing through Arizona.I will BBQ and supply you with the beer.
Unfortunately,what you have gone though is becoming common place here.There are two issues that seem to cause this,Greed and the "Me Syndrome".Tim

Hi Guys

This will be a VERY quick follow-up Thank You (!!) for the replies - we're still on a cruise and paying 50c/minute for hand cranked dial-up.

Tom - they ship vehicles inside roll-on-roll-off (RORO) ships, so they arent exposed to the elements. But, they dont seem to be able to calculate how big their ships are as our RV has been left off its scheduled sailing as they didnt have room - we now have an extra 7 days to wait for it.

Speak soon guys !!

Paul & Ann-Marie

UK-RV said:
....we now have an extra 7 days to wait for it.

Too bad, but at least you'll be there when it arrives.

Don't get too used to life aboard ship or you might want to trade the coach for a boat when you get home.

Don't get too used to life aboard ship or you might want to trade the coach for a boat when you get home.

Tom

Not much chance of that happening at the moment.

We were due to dock in Bermuda today - but the weather is that bad the port (and airport) have all been closed.

So, we have been "bobbing up and down" in gale force winds for the last 24hrs - with another 36hrs before we're expected to clear the bad weather.

The guest entertainers were due to leave in Bermuda and a new bunch were due to join us - obviously we are now stuck with the same entertainers as last week.

I guess I cant complain as there were 10 couples whose luggage didnt arrive at Miami - which had been forwarded to Bermuda. So, they now have no luggage for the whole cruise.

They are easy to spot as they're the ones sitting around the pool in rented tux's  ;D

Paul

LOL Paul. I'd have flown home, although I hate flying.

Paul,

As the old saying goes "If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all." The way things went with your motorhome, I'm not surprised things aren't perfect on the cruise. But I bet you'll always remember this trip :)

Enjoy your adventure
Wendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom