Leak in Holiday Rambler Alumalite Class C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grantorino

Hi everyone, I'm new here and am looking at purchasing an older (cheap) class C to get started in Rving.  Today I looked at a 1988 Holiday Rambler Alumalite 27' class C with 45K on it.  Unfortunately, I pointed out to the seller that there's a leak in the rear corner as evidenced by some wetness on the ceiling seam and some staining where it has been dripping down the interior wall.  Cosmetically it doesn't look too bad...there's a very small sag where it's coming in.  But it made me very leary of looking further at it.  The seller claims that since Holiday Ramblers have aluminum frames there's no need to be alarmed, just dry it out and reseal the roof.  Sounds fishy to me, but is that true?  How are these things put together?  The rest of the interior looks good.  He wants 5K for the coach.

Thanks!

Not necessarily true. You can't tell without a close inspection what it's going to take to repair the leak. the inspection might involve removing interior panels. It would certainly entail getting up on the roof, and finding the leak. You might have a lot of work ahead of you.

Back
Top Bottom