Leaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johntk

2021 Winnebago 29b

MH is leaking in the front passenger side. The workstation gets a lot of water in it when it rains. We have been all over the inside ceiling/bed/walls and cannot find any trace of leakage. Water does leak around the passenger window but I can't find a way it could jump into the well of the work station. This is occurring while parked. I've never noticed it when traveling.
I will appreciate any ideas/comments/input.

Thanks,
John

Don't know what the workstation is... guess it might be a pull out tray for the passenger seat?

Mask off areas outside and then remove masking until the leak shows up again.

Typical areas on MHs include; clearance lights, horns, antenna mounts, windshield gasket/seal, windshield wracked/rotted, seal between roof and sidewall and nearly anything on the roof within 8' radius.

Get a large box fan and tape in a window with the fan exhaust facing inside. The fan will pressurize the interior then spray a soapy solution over any suspect place (which would be any roof penetration, joint, seam, etc.)

Water intrusion can happen a long way from where the leak actually presents itself.

I had a piece of molding on the outside of the RV. That didn't come together and it would leak in there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeegal
Back
Top Bottom