Let?s Put This Coronavirus ?Hysteria? into Perspective

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Christian pastor who thought COVID-19 is just ?mass hysteria? is among the first in Virginia to die from virus

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/christian-pastor-who-thought-covid-19-is-just-mass-hysteria-is-among-the-first-in-virginia-to-die-from-virus/?fbclid=IwAR3qJYfxba0eFLs8dBigpeTAcsV4B8jTY5fWvHe4gWZGSsXDFvVorPdJQ2c

Isaac-1 said:
Chances are even with the current measures, the death total by the end of the year will make that flu figure look tiny.

16,272 17,375 more cases (26%) since yesterday, US now #1 at 82,404 83,507 cases. This isn't the flu.

It's pretty frightening. I am amazed at how many people aren't taking it seriously. I understand that a huge percentage wont become seriously ill, but the healthcare system becoming overwhelmed could cause more deaths than there would otherwise be.

I hope everyone is being very careful.

No.....the flu is ?not? the Covid-19,both should be taken seriously!  memtb

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/flu-cases-surpass-22-million-as-13th-coronavirus-case-is-confirmed-in-us

Memtb said:
      No.....the flu is ?not? the Covid-19,both should be taken seriously!  memtb

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/flu-cases-surpass-22-million-as-13th-coronavirus-case-is-confirmed-in-us

Huh?? That was Feb 11. Things have changed just a bit since that article:

Flu Cases Surpass 22 Million as 13th Coronavirus Case is Confirmed in US

Today:

Over a half million cases worldwide with over 20 thousand deaths. And counting...

You seem very determined to downplay the current pandemic by suggesting it's no worse or even less so than the Flu. A virus for which we DO HAVE effective preventative treatments for.

jymbee said:
Huh?? That was Feb 11. Things have changed just a bit since that article:

Today:

Over a half million cases worldwide with over 20 thousand deaths. And counting...

You seem very determined to downplay the current pandemic by suggesting it's no worse or even less so than the Flu. A virus for which we DO HAVE effective preventative treatments for.

Those numbers were for “just” the US, not worldwide! Again, this stuff is bad! I guess that time will tell, how bad! I’m not one to, run around, with my hair on fire ....screaming “The sky is falling”!  I just wish that folks would try and be rational. Stress, anxiety, ect, will lower a person’s resistance to diseases....remaining calm during a crisis will do nothing but good!  As least that’s what the Mayo Clinic has to say! memtb

Memtb said:
Those numbers were for ?just? the US, not worldwide! Again, this stuff is bad! I guess that time will tell, how bad! I?m not one to, run around, with my hair on fire ....screaming ?The sky is falling?!  I just wish that folks would try and be rational. Stress, anxiety, ect, will lower a person?s resistance to diseases....remaining calm during a crisis will do nothing but good! memtb

The Half a million is world wide. However that is just the "confirmed" cases, which are calculated to be about 15% of the total cases. We are looking at around 3 and a half million worldwide.

The good news is actually that 80-85% of the people that get this thing recover relatively safely.

Though, knowing what the severely ill people with this bug go through, I'd prefer to take my chances with the plain old Flu.

The Good news is that we may soon have a home test kit that will make it easier to find out if we have the bug or not.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/27/coronavirus-covid-19-home-test-kits/

Memtb said:
I?m not one to, run around, with my hair on fire ....screaming ?The sky is falling?!  I just wish that folks would try and be rational.

We have been traveling for over 3 months and have been at numerous sites across multiple states. Not once, not a sigle time, did we ever hear anyone screaing . Maybe in certain media outlets perhaps but everywhere we'be been folks have been going about their business. Much more cautions I expect and yes with concern. But definitely rational.

Back
Top Bottom