Let's see pictures of your 4x4!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SVTotem said:
Anyone recognize the bumper manufacturer? I have yet to find a logo or manufacturer name.

Looks like a Hi Rock bumper, division of Bestop.  They have that distinctive double or long shackle mount on their bumpers.  The lower holes are for adding rollers.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier, I hadn't noticed it until John referenced it then I had to go back and look at it.  I will see if I can find some pictures and post one for reference.

Mike.

(Thanks Sarg  & ZMotorSports!)

It's a perfect match to the new motorhome (complete luck!).  I know it's also ridiculous that we have it "looking" like it could so easily offroad, while keeping it firmly on on the old pavement! :)

Thanks Mike, I just came to the same conclusion this morning when I looked more closely at a picture in the 4WD catalog. Now I have to figure out if a Blue Ox or Currie baseplate will fit with this bumper. I called Bestop this morning and talked with them, but they have no idea about the specifics of the baseplates. Their bumper does extend a bit lower than the OEM bumper but I don't know if it would interfere.

Once I bring the jeep home tomorrow I can take some detailed measurements and then look for engineering drawings of the baseplates in hopes of figuring this out short of ordering a baseplate just to return it when it does not fit.

When the project is done I will post the outcome in the proper forum for the next guy.

There are a couple of options for a towbar mount.  Warrior products makes an adapter to go from the "D" ring mounts to either Blue Ox or Roadmaster motorhome mounted towbars.  I don't have any pictures but I am sure you can get an idea of where to buy them if you google it.

I went a little different route as I absolutely hate the adapter plates for the towbars.  I hate the looks, I hate the way they standout from the rest of the bumper/Jeep and I hate the rattles incorporated with having the adapter plates being pinned to the attachment points.  I opted to fabricate a completely seperate mounting system which also incorporates a protection crossmember for my electronic swaybar disconnect actuator.  I set it back and below my Warn bumper so it would not interfere with my approach angles whatsoever and so far after one full season of wheeling I have not even touched it when climbing or descending a grade.

Granted this crossmember is on a JK but I am sure something similar could be designed/fabricated for the TJ/LJ.

Here is a link to another forum where I highlighted the crossmember fabrication.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25704761.cfm

Here is a link to my complete build thread for my Jeep which also shows the crossmember fabrication.
http://www.forbiddenjeeps.com/showthread.php/2677-Project-Dream-Jeep

Hope that helps somewhat give you an idea of what other options are out there other than just the towbar manufacturers adapters.

Mike.

go6car said:
Here's our new-to-us 2004 Jeep TJ! (Shown for the first time naked without its new Bestop and with its new shoes).

This is our first Jeep and we love it to pieces! We bravely '4x4' our way around town and the local campgrounds, LOL! :)
Real nice TK. You know real Jeeps only have two doors? LOL
I have to say I do love the TJ's!

hes4all said:
Real nice TK. You know real Jeeps only have two doors? LOL
I have to say I do love the TJ's!

Thanks! We got very lucky with this one! We looked at a bunch and I was amazed with all the rust on a lot of them! This one likely was a street vehicle. No real rust, but we did have to get a dent repaired (and a new top, tires, etc.). Hopefully it will stay as clean as we have it now! :)

Just got it last week, traded in my boat. kind of tight getting it home, but it fits fine in the RV.
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq349/navy80to04/Camper/ClubCab4x4/BackOf4x4.jpg
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq349/navy80to04/Camper/ClubCab4x4/SideOf4x4.jpg
Climbed right into the back of the truck.
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq349/navy80to04/Camper/ClubCab4x4/Truck4x4On.jpg

Edit by John - removed the
i]

Taking our 1st venture in the Wrangler ownership, we've had a Liberty which I love to hate (due to the uncomfortable seats).  I wanted to get out of my F150 and spotted a nice 2011 JKU Sahara with lower miles and the features I've become accustom to on my F150.  I don't plan on serious rock crawling or I'd gone with a Rubi, but since this will be my daily driver I wanted to try to find some balance and for the chance to get into things.

Already looking at a life and bigger tires, but decided we're selling our ATVs and the ATV trailer before I do any major mods.  My wife was a bit surprised I wanted to get it out on the beach and dunes during our spring break trip to Oregon.  I did have to check my man card the 1st try getting out on the dunes, the approach road was very soft sand and I just couldn't the momentum or into 4low, so we turned back.  Next day went out to the end of the jetty and crawled over the rocks, which had left many of the trucks and other 4x4's pulled over.  We then headed down the beach away from the crowds to enjoy time with the dogs.

Attachments

• jeepdunes01.jpg
    jeepdunes01.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 38
Thanks Sarge, I had them down to about 25, was apprehensive about going lower but probably should have.  Had my fun on the dunes with our ATVs, still wish I'd made it that trip.

Y-Guy said:
... we've had a Liberty which I love to hate (due to the uncomfortable seats). ..
You too?  I can only take about an hour of seat time in the Liberty before my leg starts to hurt.  I much prefer my F-250 seats.

If you have the stock wheels on your JKU, you can probably air them down to 10-12 pounds, at least you can with the TJ Moab wheels.  Before I switched to beadlock wheels, I would routinely run my tires at 12-15 pounds on the trail.

I generally air down to 15 psi on trails, I have a friend who will go as low as 10 but I don't dare go any lower than 15.

Mike.

Thanks for the air pressure advice, I'll keep that in mind for future outings.  Need a better compressor, the one in the motorhome is to far once I come off the trails and the one for the ATVs is to slow.  Shopping time.

Some pics of my Jeep.

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 051.jpg